Keets and ducklings hatching!!!

sparkles2307

Terd of Hurtles
11 Years
Oct 23, 2008
Northwestern Minnesota
I put the 'bator on lockdown this morning. I didnt realize till I was about done rearranging everyone that one of the guineas is already pipped, I have lots of egg rockings going on and I can hear peeping in 2 Call duck eggs and one of the large duck eggs! They arent due till the 18th, but looks like its already begun!

I can't believe any are hatching. The weather has been so weird the past month, my humidity will be 83% in the morning, but by the time we get home the sun has come out and the wind is blowing all the moisture away, and the 'bator is down to 35%...even being in a back room without any open windows or drafts. My previous 2 hatches this year it was a rock solid steady 42% till I upped it for lockdown... Il ost a lot of my duck eggs, but so far only had one infertile guinea egg and the other 11 look good. I went from 2 dozen duck eggs to about 9....

I got home and have a lavender keet. There are 2 more pipped. A Call duckling pipped, and there was a single dribble of blood that had come out of the pip... he's still moving, but I think he's going to wait to come out. If he hasnt come out in a few more days I will see how the bleeding is doing and might help. One other duck egg is pipped. By the time I get home I should have at least 2 more guineas out.

Back
Top Bottom