Kentucky Chicken and Peafowl traders HERE!

Quote:
Hmm, my kid has Friday off, I may have to go to Sano - haven't been since Shelley and I went that time and I didn't buy anything (when you got Horton, Shel).

I could take the two spitz roos and see if I could pawn em off on someone
lau.gif

meri

They hardly ever have cows there, or anything else for that matter. Goats, sheep, and birds are about it. I got my potbelly there, but that was the first time I had seen those. I was going every week for about 3 months, and I didn't see cows there but maybe 3 times.

Yeah, it was always young cows, under a year probably. There is another sale in Glasgow, or by Glasgow, that sells cattle and pigs more often. I haven't been to that one, but I'd like to go. I want to get a beef cow and a couple of hogs to raise for butchering next year.

Quote:
Over a 100, should have around 75 breeding age peafowl in the spring.

Have most colors except the greens, as they need heat in Ohio winters.

All these pics are of my birds.

GOSH thats a lot i bet your feed bill is pretty high!
th.gif
Oh and i want to ask you a question is putting peacocks with chickens ok
i mean will they get diseases or will they fight o can i put them with each other?
hu.gif

Some people keep them with chickens, they can pick up diseases like blackhead from chickens. Not all chicken are carriers but it only take one. I use gamehen to broody peafowl eggs for the first week.
Of course with the # I have I would not risk mixing chicken with mine.

Peafowl dont eat as much as my turkeys per bird. Yes I do go thru alot of feed.

Quote:
Over a 100, should have around 75 breeding age peafowl in the spring.

Have most colors except the greens, as they need heat in Ohio winters.

All these pics are of my birds.

Wow Deerman, i would not get a thing done at your house for snapping photos! LOL...How beautiful.

Come spring I do take lots of pics. Love to share with other bird lovers. After all thats what so great about the peacocks.

What drive me crazy is waiting the 3 yrs to see how my new color peacock will look like.

I have a charcoal white eye peacock, will be 2 in the spring dont know if I can wait. He will color out this year, but it will be 2010 before he get his full train.

Quote:
I want young ones, but not bottle babies - I'll be raising them to eat, not looking for a milk cow.

I have seen bottle babies (one or two) there before, but not in any quantity. I just want a weanling or two - I don't care if it is bigger than that (as long as it is weaned) cause I have a freezer full of cow right now from our last one we butchered.

The cow we took in to butcher was actually under a year old - but she weighed out live at 760 pounds. We got her last spring as a weanling - paid a heck of a lot more than 30-50 bucks for her!! She was a holstein, but a twin, so no good for breeding. She makes a fine steak or roast, though
big_smile.png

meri

Last edited by a moderator:
They're still meeting at the Stock Yard in Shepherdsville on Saturdays.... Not sure on the prices but I know the auction's been busy with low sales... Folks are being hit hard by the economy....

It's too cold to go for me so, I'll wait until March to return....

Hey new to forum but iterested in buying breeding Peafowl and buying some small but weaned calves also, love guineas. If you hear of any good sales or someone wanting to trade let me know. I'll do same. Merry Christmas

Back
Top Bottom