Kernal's Fans Click Here!!!(lots of pics)

He reminds me of the big white rooster I had as a child and loved so very much. He looks very similar (except his comb is way bigger -- my rooster had lost almost all his comb to frostbite before he came to live with me from the farm where he came from).

I think it's so cute that he sits on your lap and falls asleep. Awwww!
smile.png

And you can tell, he loves you, too. That's WAY important. AC, you should bring him down to Beech Grove and I'll take some studio pictures of your little male model. I've always wanted to do mine in my studio but I don't really hold mine too much.

Quote:
I wish he was a show rooster but sadly I took him to a show in Lebanon Indiana and he was disqualified because he was a production bird. Even though he was the best white leghorn there and the other cock had blue on his feathers but that one still got best of variety. He did get Champion cockerel at the County Fair though
smile.png
I'm planing on entering him in the Stat Fair this year as well.

I have a studio in my basement. Been a photographer for 20 years....
OK--enlighten me on why he was disqualified for being a production bird. He is a real leghorn, isn't he? That stinks! I'm still fairly new at this chicken thing, but gosh, he is so beautiful. What's the difference?

And feel free to PM me if you want to do some pics. I'd love it!

I love it when you show pictures of him! He is such a handsome bird. I think it's adorable that he's a lap chicken on top of being such a rooster. Great shot of your hand by his comb.

Quote:
He was disqualified because being a production bird his comb was waaaaaayyy to big the judge said. Exibition birds have a smaller comb. Plus the judge said that his sickles weren't high enough. If I can find some pictures of the cock at the show I'll post them.

I couldn't find the picture of the one male but I did find a picture of Kernal when he was there. His sickles hadn't fully grown in yet but he was still better looking than the other male that was there. Both of my pullets were disqualified to because they were production
hmm.png

Kernal:
16241_lebanon_poultry_show_006.jpg

Then Krispy on the left and Sandy(RIP) on the right.
16241_lebanon_poultry_show_007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom