KFC chicken update (PICS)

Wow. That really is pretty cool.

Just looks at his eyes from the first picture compared the the last two.

You did an excellent job!

Do you control his feed rations at all? Make him exercise?

I'm just curious because some people have a knack for keeping the meaties alive and well, far beyond their expected length of life.

-Kim

Quote:
lol.png
yuckyuck.gif
lol.png

Thank you so much for posting this update! I read so many tragedies on this forum, it's a welcome relief to see such a happy resolution. What a difference you made in one small, feathery life.

Jen in TN
~:<>

I got my start in chickens with a road rescue. Gainesville is the poultry capital of the world!! My DH brought one home one night about midnight. It spent the night in the bathtub but was dead the next morning. I promptly went out and found another one. I've had maybe 8 or so over the years. Mine have never lived more than about a year, even with exercise and a good diet. The hens lay alot of double yolkers.

Wow, his face looks like the White Leghorn x Barred Rock rooster I used to have (he was all white). I can't believe how much more spirit he has in the last two photos...

I passed a truck full of battery hens the other day, and I was thinking it was pretty much their first experience with the outdoors... I kind of wanted to cry. It seemed so unfair, looking into their eyes as we went past.

Things like this remind me of the huge responsibility our Creator (for me, God, or whoever you put your faith in) gave to human beings. As a society, we don't like to face this fact that we, by nature, are supposed to be guardians of the earth and its creatures; it's a truth that's pushed to the wayside as we pursue wars and bigger profits.

You were given a chance by Heaven to do the right thing for this poor, neglected animal. God is smiling on you, I'm sure.

I hope this tiny life has touched yours as much as your kindness as touched his. Thank you for sharing this sweet bird's story!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom