Khaki calls!?

I made the leap recently myself and bought a pair of Khakis. So congratulations on your new additions!

This color *is* in the standard, so now that several of us have them, this means we can make them less rarified, right?
wink.png
People originally had to like them well enough to get them in the standard, so now people have to get them back into being seen more often at shows.

hugs.gif

Thanks everyone.
I was thinking of the next show here in Nov. I bet they would place. I know no one around here has the khakis. I would love to help get people more intrested in the khakis too.
Who would have thought a brown color would be so pretty on little ducks?
Good luck with everyone else's new calls too.

Quote:
The Khaki color is a dusky color in the Calls, so I believe that you *might* be able to use it to get some other dusky rare colors as well, though what they might be, I don't know, or what you would have to cross them with.

I am betting CityChicker could shed some light on that subject. CityChicker, you out there?

Definitely you should show them!
smile.png
It helps to drum up business for next years babies, because to see them will start people to wanting them! For as much as show people tell me that "nobody wants the chocolate Calls anymore" I ALWAYS have people wanting to buy mine out from under me at shows. They are my most asked-for variety, and I'm telling you, I swear if I'd have hatched out a hundred pair this year they'd already all be sold. This makes me glad because I want to promote more of the rare varieties.

I love my chocolate calls! I cried for days when I just lost my 2nd fav girl. She flew into the fence trying to get away from a pushy boy. She was not ready for any action and the drake was very bad boy. I thought she was ok as she got back up and even swam in the pool.
Next day she was very weak ( like she had waited till I got home) I found her in the coop with one of the grey drakes ( they grew up together) guarding the door. I picked her up and she quacked at me even a wiggle of her tail and looking me in the eye she slowly slipped away. If only I could have a few more like her and her two sisters. They are wonderful chocolate color. I don't know why they would not sell! I know I would love more chocolates!!
love.gif

So how rare are the buffs at shows?
I might be getting a pair of them.
What I really would love to have is the light trout calls.
droolin.gif

Would love more info on the dusky color breeding..
I have a extra pastel drake and chocolate duck I was going to pair up just to see what colors I would get.
The color breeding charts make my head hurt. I am better on pattern crossings.
Thanks I so hope I can get my npip tester to get my ducks done for the
Nov show. Wv wont test ducks unless you are selling for meat or mass duckling sells.
So working on them to test mine.

Oh Steven guess what!
I got the buff pictures late last night. Very nice sent them to my mom just to see what she had to say( not a chicken or duck person) she liked them so much she brought them for me!
ya.gif
bun.gif

Those are the best kind. Free!!!
I would send you the picture but I have no clue how to upload from my phone.
So I'll post/send them tonight since I don't have a way to do it now.
One more color I would live to have. I just can't find them.
By the way what is your order for next years buff!?
Since you
smack.gif
into it.
lau.gif

Oh you are just rubbing it in aren't you???
tongue.gif

My wishlist is longggggggg! If someone buys the guineas then I'll have a free coop/pen and money, BUT no one has bought them yet..
hmm.png

Can't wait till I see pictures!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom