Khaki Campbell duck recently died...

DuckLover1

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 11, 2014
Lewistown Pa
Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out what happened with my Khaki Campbell named Flower. Recently I moved and brought my 4 Khaki's with me. They seemed fine until one evening I came home and Flower was acting different. She used to be the most outgoing girl and was the dominant female. However, she went from being the dominant girl to being unresponsive and sluggish. The next morning she was dead. I'm concerned because it looks like another one of my girls, Honey Bee, is beginning to develop the same symptoms. I don't want to lose any more of my beloved flock so any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Emily

I would get the one that's displaying the symptoms to an avian vet as soon as I could. Ducks sometimes don't display signs of illness until the illness is pretty far gone, so there's no time to waste. Sluggishness could be a symptom of many diseases, but also of poisoning. The fact that you moved recently and it was only afterward that they became ill leads me to believe they might have gotten into something toxic at your new location.

Thanks for the advice. I know this response is late. I went searching for an avian vet and found the nearest one three hours away. I wish I'd had the money to take her. She did start drinking and eating a little but she got really mean. I think she was just so miserable that she didn't want to be touched anymore. She seemed cold as well all the time. I had her wrapped up and holding her the better part of the three days she lived. My other two seem fine which I'm thankful for but I hadn't responded because I've been depressed the better part of the time that's passed. I just wanted to share what happened and say thank you very much for the advice JadeComputerGal.

Thank you for letting us know.

hugs.gif

The others are okay, then? Good.

Yes thank God. Floppy (my drake) is currently trying to figure out how to make clover have ducklings lol.Maybe they'll figure it out in time to have a bit this year ?

Back
Top Bottom