Khaki Campbell duckling gender

this isn't always accurate
Really, do you have examples where it isn't? Since the picture you posted is of my ducks, I know that it was correct. The only time I have found using the tail feathers to be difficult (not wrong) is photos of dark Khakis. But, I have raised many ducklings and the tail feathers have always been accurate for me.
And yes, Jenessa_09, I believe you have two drakes.

Really, do you have examples where it isn't? Since the picture you posted is of my ducks, I know that it was correct. The only time I have found using the tail feathers to be difficult (not wrong) is photos of dark Khakis. But, I have raised many ducklings and the tail feathers have always been accurate for me.
And yes, Jenessa_09, I believe you have two drakes.
I donā€™t have any pictures but I had a khaki Campbell one time that was really dark colored and was a female. Could have been a mixed with another breed though

Does this help? I took pictures of their coloring by their feathers, they do seem to have a difference. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Attachments

• 99975F0E-2DD4-4FAE-BFD0-2F44FBFC6A5A.jpeg
    99975F0E-2DD4-4FAE-BFD0-2F44FBFC6A5A.jpeg
    644.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 165095A2-14BD-456B-A1DD-1BD780BE2508.jpeg
    165095A2-14BD-456B-A1DD-1BD780BE2508.jpeg
    536.2 KB · Views: 6
We have chickens, a bit worried they will start to bully them. We had a friend who had a male duck who was beating her chickens up. We might have to trade one of them for a female if we can find one.
I wouldn't trade one for a female because because your male to female ratio would be 1/1 and really you want a minimum of 3 female ducks per male duck. Yes it is definitely possible they could cause problems with the chickens, drakes have penises but chickens do not so they could seriously injure or kill the chickens if they try to mate them, and without the presence of any female ducks they probably will try.

I wouldn't trade one for a female because because your male to female ratio would be 1/1 and really you want a minimum of 3 female ducks per male duck. Yes it is definitely possible they could cause problems with the chickens, drakes have penises but chickens do not so they could seriously injure or kill the chickens if they try to mate them, and without the presence of any female ducks they probably will try.
Ah I see, well then we might have to give them both away sadly. We live in a neighborhood and I donā€™t think we can have this many ducks. Maybe we could get two females??

Ah I see, well then we might have to give them both away sadly. We live in a neighborhood and I donā€™t think we can have this many ducks. Maybe we could get two females??
2 females will get along very well, although in my opinion three is ideal because when you only have 2, if something happens to one of them you will be left with a very sad extremely lonely duck. Also, if you only have 2 and one goes broody for awhile the other one will just be bored.

2 females will get along very well, although in my opinion three is ideal because when you only have 2, if something happens to one of them you will be left with a very sad extremely lonely duck. Also, if you only have 2 and one goes broody for awhile the other one will just be bored.
That is true and is same as hens, thanks for all the advice.

This might help..These are my 2 and both ended up girls..

Attachments

• IMG_20200523_173354_997.jpg
    IMG_20200523_173354_997.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200526_161741_725.jpg
    IMG_20200526_161741_725.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom