Khaki Campbell Ducks and Drake(?)

So I love my khakis they are some of the best egg layers. 300 eggs a year. Also there drakes don't always get a green head. Mine is brown. Depends on the hatcheries mating ducks. Enjoy them they are kiddish little ducks!
Mine also had a brown head. I knew it was a drake by the voice and curled tail and behavior for sure. I had to rehome it because it was too hard on my Hens. I traded it for a hen Khaki and it's mate was happy as could be to have another Khaki in the pen with it. Funny how they like to socialize with their own kind sometimes.

Mine also had a brown head. I knew it was a drake by the voice and curled tail and behavior for sure. I had to rehome it because it was too hard on my Hens. I traded it for a hen Khaki and it's mate was happy as could be to have another Khaki in the pen with it. Funny how they like to socialize with their own kind sometimes.
i find khaki boys are really aggressive. i wish my anconas were like that! lol my khakis love there boyfriend its a jumbo pekin drake. there inseparable. i wish they weren't so skittish tho lol

i find khaki boys are really aggressive. i wish my anconas were like that! lol my khakis love there boyfriend its a jumbo pekin drake. there inseparable. i wish they weren't so skittish tho lol
My two Hens will eat lettuce out of my hand but none of mine like to be touched or held. I have several breeds most of which have started out in my house or been hatched by me. I sing to them, pick them up regularly as babies, care for them, but they still don't like to be held. Maybe it's my singing, I tell them I used to sing in the Church choir back when I was young but I don't think they believe me. lol

My two Hens will eat lettuce out of my hand but none of mine like to be touched or held. I have several breeds most of which have started out in my house or been hatched by me. I sing to them, pick them up regularly as babies, care for them, but they still don't like to be held. Maybe it's my singing, I tell them I used to sing in the Church choir back when I was young but I don't think they believe me. lol

i cant even get close enough to do that! and i hatched every single one out myself! but i think its a large group thing it was different when i didnt have as many. lol LOL about the singing

i cant even get close enough to do that! and i hatched every single one out myself! but i think its a large group thing it was different when i didnt have as many. lol LOL about the singing
I have 15 outside, Rouen, Muscovy, Mallard, Khaki, Runner Ducks, Call ducks and a Mule Duck. I sit on a stool and as soon as they see the lettuce everyone comes running to my feet to get their fair share. Most will eat out of my hand but some stand a few feet away waiting for me to throw it to them. They all listen to me quite well when it comes to letting them in a uncovered dog run to eat grass and its time to go back in the pen. I had a friend that bought some Rouen ducks as babies and they went nuts every time they saw him! I feel blessed that mine are at least that friendly.

Back
Top Bottom