Khaki Campbell ducks

I already greeted you on your other thread, but again, welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. As I said on your other thread, I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few) but definitely post on our Duck section in Other Backyard Poultry under the Forum and take advantage of our duck experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Hi I'm new today and I would just like some advice on khaki Campbell ducks. Thanks.
Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! The Khaki Campbell is a light breed of duck. As in they are a light weight. They are the worlds best egg laying duck breed. The average Khaki Campbell will lay an average of 330 eggs a year. Khaki Campbell won't be great meat ducks, only egg laying.

Last edited:
Hi birdbrain thanks for getting back to me I want some advice on my ducks i did have 2 khaki Campbell ducks till yesterday both male and had them from babies they have grown up together and they are 4 now, but yesterday we lost one it just disappeared out of the garden we are not sure if a fox had it or not my kids are very upset as they were pets but my concern is my other male he's on his own now and seems realy lonely and keeps quacking for his friend. I just want some advice on what to do for the best would he be ok on his own or not ??? Any advice would be very grateful I'm not sure what to do for the best thanks. Heather.

Hi birdbrain thanks for getting back to me I want some advice on my ducks i did have 2 khaki Campbell ducks till yesterday both male and had them from babies they have grown up together and they are 4 now, but yesterday we lost one it just disappeared out of the garden we are not sure if a fox had it or not my kids are very upset as they were pets but my concern is my other male he's on his own now and seems realy lonely and keeps quacking for his friend. I just want some advice on what to do for the best would he be ok on his own or not ??? Any advice would be very grateful I'm not sure what to do for the best thanks. Heather.
It would best to get him a mate. Probably a hen. That way when they are done establishing hierarchy they will get along a lot better than another drake since it wasn't raised with him so he could go aggressive or the other drake.

you can post on the "Duck thread," just put that in the search box. You will get more suggestions/advice that way. I think with an older duck, sometimes they greatly resent a new companion regardless of sex.

Back
Top Bottom