Khaki Campbell gender?

Maybe that one is a girl?! But, boys peep much longer than girls, then they get raspy like they have a sore throat. I fear you have an all drake flock. I wonder if who you got them from vent sexed them.

Maybe that one is a girl?! But, boys peep much longer than girls, then they get raspy like they have a sore throat. I fear you have an all drake flock. I wonder if who you got them from vent sexed them.
Thanks for all your input I appreciate it.

Well hopefully one or two surprise or else I'm going to have to rehome all of them when it's obvious they're drakes. They share a run with chickens so I wouldn't want to put the hens health at risk.

You could always upload a video of their voices to YouTube and link it here.. That’d clear up any confusion.
I would if they actually made a noise other than the duckling noises 😅. One does the odd time but not frequently enough to get it on a recording this morning.

I'll try to get a video today. The one that does make the potential quack noise only really does so when we show up in the run for about 20 seconds. Otherwise they're generally quiet.

We happened to be at a poultry sale yesterday morning and as a contingency plan we picked up 3 runners (I think one may be as young as 4 days and the other two look to be about 1.5 weeks perhaps) and 2 Welsh Harlequins (about 1.5 to 2 weeks). Hopefully between both batches we end up with a good amount of females :)

It's now over 7 weeks and I don't hear any quacks. Just a lot of raspy noises that sound like a bad shopping cart 😅.

Looks like you were right and they're all boys.

Back
Top Bottom