Khaki Campbells???

Cuqui18

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Concord, Ma
what does evryone think about khanki campbells in terms of a yard duck? loud? friendly? any ones comments are welcome. im thinking of hatching
smile.png

I love campbells! I used to have some a few years ago but one night we got home late and something had gotten them.
sad.png

3447901228_bfb5c4ef56.jpg

The girl in the front was Penny, she was such a sweetie. They were rather chatty I thought but not overly loud and I would say they are on the smaller size of the medium weight birds. They lay loads of eggs!! I have a new baby right now my husband brought home for Easter!!
love.gif

you guys are all so lucky, i see on this forum all these people bringing home easter ducklings and chicks
sad.png
my mom is NOT the animal type even though that is my life. we are very different people and for that matter unfortunately she says no every time i ask about 2 lil' ducklin's... i cannot wait till im older im gonna have my own farm with ducks, chickens, dogs, cats, horses EVERYTHING!!!

Everyone tell me they are nervous...and they are. They didn't warm up to me fast like my chicks, but I spend so much time around them that now (at 8 weeks) they let me walk within 2 feet of them without running off. They love when I turn the hose on them and come running every time I pick it up. They are right there to grab any snails I might toss their way...I really love them, I don't think my girl is too noisy and my boys sure are not. I don't require much out of my ducks my eggs (eventually!) and humor. They are hilarious.
78206_012.jpg

My khaki drake was a jerk. I sold him. I liked the hen I had but she hurt her leg somehow and then died. The hen was pretty quiet and a great layer but neither one was very friendly. The coolest thing about the hen was she chased squirrels
big_smile.png

If you want a great egg layer but a little more friendly, get Welsh Harlequins.

I have a Khaki female and the only time she gets near me is when I have treats in my hand. I love watching my ducks so
that is enough for me. Looking forward to the eggs from her. I have read that they are great egg layers!
big_smile.png

I have 2 KC hens and they actually follow me around. They stay about 2 feet away when I'm moving about but get pretty close if I'm sitting down. They will also eat out of my hand when I have sweet peas with me.

Back
Top Bottom