Khaki Campbell's?

beckybogart89

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2015
Hi everyone! My babies are almost all grown up! I got my very first set of ducklings about two months ago, and I'm a proud mama, they are outside perminently in their run and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they
really are khakis. That is what I was told at tractor supply when I described them. Thank you!

Nope, those are Welsh Harlequins. Very pretty!

Khaki Campbells are a dark brown all over.

My Khaki Campbell is the one on the right.

This is my Welsh Harlequin.

Yeah, I think the other reply is right, Welsh Harlequin. I have Khakis and Cayugas, and those definitely aren't Khakis. What is it about farm supply/feed stores? They think all the ducklings are Khakis. I saw some Swedish ducklings in their store marked as Khakis, and corrected them about the breed.

Thank you guys! I had no idea! So what are the best ways of telling their sexes?

At that age, voice sexing is the easiest. Are either of them quacking? Pick one up and listen to the sound it makes. If it's a distinct "QUACK", it's a girl. If they make a hoarse sound like they swallowed a frog, it's a boy. You can listen to the audio here:

http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/artquacks.htm

The white one does quack! And the other one kind of whisper quacks. I guess next year I will have more! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom