kiddie pool with drain pictures

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickenphile, May 20, 2009.

1. chickenphile

chickenphile Songster

Jun 8, 2008
    Feura Bush, NY
    I have one but want to bury it and put a drain of some sort in it. Does any one have any pictures of how they did this? I have 5 ducks now and the pool but want to make it easy for me to clean.

thanks
    Chris

2. Giddyup

Giddyup Songster

Oct 22, 2008
    Vancouver Island, BC
    If your going through all the effort I strongly recommend a good old used bathtub. That's what we're in the midst of doing, we just can't get the drain to seal properly yet.

I'll ask hubby to get photos for you.

Is it the plastic kiddie pool? I know what you mean, but they are cheap so we just fill & dump once a week until it eventually cracks. I think if you tried to cut a drain/plug it would not seal well.

3. xfilesnumber1fan

xfilesnumber1fan Songster

Nov 24, 2008
    Missouri
    I have a kiddie pool with a drain system just like a bath tub ..My pool sets on a pallet with a ramp which they really dont need they just fly in the pool....

[​IMG]

4. lauralou

lauralou Songster

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    That kiddie pool with drain is awesome!!!

How did you seal the drain? With silicone?

I see a new project in my husband's future...

5. xfilesnumber1fan

xfilesnumber1fan Songster

Nov 24, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:No my husband didnt use any silicone...He cut the hole attached the drain, it fit tight and used pvc pipe under it and a hose that goes out the back and the water drains down hill behind the cage..Hasnt had one leak...

6. CurlyLindsay

CurlyLindsay In the Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    MO
    Any farm store will carry a replacement drain for a rubbermaid stock tank. It's about $12 and includes ALL the hardware needed to put a watertight drain in any plastic vessel. The outlet is a 1.25", I think, but any hardware store should be able to sell you the adapters needed to make it attachable to a gardenhose- then you just put a nozzle on the hose and when you need to drain the pond point and shoot. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: