Kiki's 2021 New Year's Day Hatch

Another one hatched today, a yellow mixed chick part silky, out of a pretty big brown egg. One small egg is zipping, I see brown fluff. 5 others in brooder...3 unhatched but hopefully tomorrow.

here they are still waiting on 3 day 21...5 in brooder
#9.PNG

2 still in incubator 3 unhatched but waiting day 21...
#8.PNG

My SFH eggs hatched over the weekend, I have 4 now, the first chick to hatch died. The eggs I used were from hens that started laying the first week of Dec. I wasn't sure they would hatch since the forums suggested not to hatch eggs from new layers. Guess it worked out. My GLW x is still in the incubator giving it one more day.
P1010008.JPG

P1010016.JPG

My SFH eggs hatched over the weekend, I have 4 now, the first chick to hatch died. The eggs I used were from hens that started laying the first week of Dec. I wasn't sure they would hatch since the forums suggested not to hatch eggs from new layers. Guess it worked out. My GLW x is still in the incubator giving it one more day.
View attachment 2466462
View attachment 2466465
I am hatching eggs from brand new layers right now too.
Lockdown starts tomorrow so tomorrow I will take the turner out. No other change.

View attachment 2466462
View attachment 2466465
Your light looks really close to the ground. Please make sure you aren't burning those babies up.

View attachment 2466462
View attachment 2466465
UPDATED:
The GLW x egg finally hatched last night. So far I think this chick lost it's traditional Wyandotte markings from what I can see. So that makes me think the rooster had a stronger influence. Can't wait to see the feathering and overall look on it. Oh I been monitoring on the hour with the chicks and have made adjustments with the light, was using a 60 incandescent bulb, switched it to a 125 heat bulb and raised it.
P1010007.JPG

Back
Top Bottom