Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

Pics
Bears are very determined critters and even a small one can wreck Havock. Hotwire works But where the climate is very dry.... achiveing ground may not happen.... Here they suggest running two wires.... one positive one negative parallel to each other...

What ever system you set up its also suggested you smear a little fish oil or peanut butter on the wire.... Make em sniff and get zapped.... works for dogs of any type and wild life....

They keep their territory but know the fence bites... so now you have a trained predator still defending territory.... win win

deb

We do have hot wire all around the chicken yard. I wonder if the bear got into it at some point and that's why he left our house alone. The chicken yard, with the hot wire, was located between our house and where the bear was sleeping.

We have friends whose brought their dog over to our house and it got shocked by the hot wire. That dog would not get within 50 yards of the chicken yard after that. The mere sight of the fence was enough to send it on the other direction. It's been several years now and it still won't go near it.

Final follow up then I'm taking a nap...lol 19 chicks and 1 fluffy butt
20180427_123350.jpg

Ok so on top of the coon eat/trying to eat, my quail.....
A bear has decided he wants to try to get them now too!!! :barnie
Starting to think maybe I should have quail out here in the woods:confused:
My father-in-law came face to face with a bear trying to get the quail pins! :eek:
And mind you the pins are maybe 50ft away from the house of that(its early and my brain isn't working for distance and have had no sleep)
So we got the rock salt shells ready... that's too close to the house for them bad boys to be!!!!
Rock salt shells. I haven't heard that in a while. LOL :lau:lau:lau We had a neighbor who was feuding with another neighbor 30 or so years ago. The woman shot the man in the a** with a shot gun full of rock salt shells. :lau:lau:lau:gig The woman was arrested, we live in the middle of the city. :oops:

Did you know that I had no idea, until BYC, that there was even a such thing as Winter tires!
Nothing I needed to, nor did, know about growing up just south of L.A.. People here were quick to make sure I knew I needed them before winter when I moved to VT.

Some people even have seasonal vehicles rather than changing tires.
True but those are mostly people with low to the ground sports cars that would suck in snow no matter what tires they had on it. Besides, they wouldn't want their precious babies to get salt on them.

Hotwire works But where the climate is very dry.... achiveing ground may not happen.... Here they suggest running two wires.... one positive one negative parallel to each other...
Frozen ground is similar. I have 1 acre fenced with 4' knotted wire fence with a ground running 6" above that and a hot 6" above the ground at the top of the posts. Other than corners and gates the posts are metal T-posts. They will create a ground path for anything touching the fence and the hot wire at the same time in the summer even if they somehow manage not to touch the ground wire at the same time as the hot (which is unlikely). Any critter that tries to climb over is going to know why they shouldn't have.

Back
Top Bottom