Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

Many times while shopping people ask me to grab things off the top shelf. I'm always happy to help & have never added the word shorty to the sentence (not even silently.) :lau My mom is height challenged too. Growing up too tall means your pants are always at flood length & you can never wear heals because 95% of your dates are already shorter than you. At 48 I've finally stopped growing 'up' & have started growing 'out'. :barnie:he
I so hear you. I'm only 5'10", so short in comparison. I wear orthotics, so that pushes me closer to 6'. I stopped growing tall when I was 11 years old. Do you know how hard it is to drink from water fountains in elementary schools on a regular basis at that height? I started growing outwards when I was 13 :(
My biggest problem is my torso. I had a boyfriend that was 6'5". When we sat down I was taller than him.
I would love to wear gurlie stuff from time to time, but the only thing that fit even remotely properly is mens' clothing.

lol ALL this tallk about height... Mom and grandma are 5 foot ish.... My Dads mom was six foot one Grandpa was five foot 7.... All my dads sisters were 5' -7 or-8 dad was six foot.

I am 5'-7.... though I am getting shorter.... dammmit.... The deal is I am like my dads side of the family from the waist up and height wise.... From the waste down I am like my Moms side of the family.... Farm Stock... Big ankles and calves and legs... as in Diameter.... Behind too.... even when I was thin I used to have to buy separates because I wore a size larger for pants and such than my shirts and blouses.

being heavy has its issues... judgemental looks when you eat at a restaruant... Assumptions that you are less intelligent than you are.

That one was a big one. At one point I lost 56 pounds in 26 weeks.... ONe fellow I worked with and really detested... Gave me a complement.... 'Have you cut your hair?" he asked... I said No... and he said you look so much more intelligent now....

The gal I was talking with just stared at him as he went down the hall. "Want me to slap him up for you?" We both laughed.... She was five foot nothing and 99 pounds soaking wet....

There are very fond memories of working there.... Lots of stories... Brilliant people some celebreties.. One guy had won an emmy for designing a camera that could go up mount everest...

deb
I'm built similarly. At one point I was about 20 lbs underweight and still had really heavy legs. No matter what I did, I still had legs like tree trunks. Turns out it's lymphedema. Nothing I can do about it. :shrug

What kind of work were you in?

I'm built similarly. At one point I was about 20 lbs underweight and still had really heavy legs. No matter what I did, I still had legs like tree trunks. Turns out it's lymphedema. Nothing I can do about it. :shrug

If you want info on lymphedema please remind me. I have a great bookmarked site I'd love to share. My Mom has lymphedema and struggled for years.

Lymphedemia here as well ... Massage therepy is supposed to be excellent for it. but you have to have someone well versed in Lymphedimia.

I was at one point a Manufacturing Engineer... Design Engeneer and just plain ole Designer. Sheet metal was my forte. I spent alot of time as an Electromechanical packager.... Fancy name for putting all the components in a box like a computer case and have it work properly.

But I have worked in various cpacities, From Reverse engineering for Gene splicing tools... to Assembly jig for the C-17.... Oh and work platforms for assembly of the 777.
And Electron beam weld chambers for repairing Jet engine blades...

deb

Oh goodness! I just read this!

Can I hug you?:hugs

I'm barely 5'2" tall. Do you know how hard it is for an adult of below average height to find other adults who are shorter than you are?

I HATE being short but hey, I'm almost 65. Odds are I'm not going to grow any more, sob.:hit

I've gotten used to being short but I HATE it when I can't reach stuff on the high shelves of the grocery store. Y'all who are height challenged know what I'm talking about. They have put your favorite brand of 'Nilla Wafers on the top shelf and to make matters worse, they are almost out and there is only one box left and its waaaaaay back and you can just almost reach it if you stand on your toes. Out of desperation you climb on the bottom shelf and when you are just about to almost be able to grab that bleepin box a 6'4 clerk that is about 17 years old (Seriously, 17? I have socks that old) comes by and while I am precariously hanging onto the shelves with my toes balanced on the edge of the bottom shelf, he grabs that lone box of cookies and calling me the dreaded 'Ma'am', hands them to me with a chipper 'let me get those for you'.

There is almost an unspoken 'shorty' at the end of that sentence.

Oh well, at least he didn't call me 'grandma'. If he had I would have beat him with my cane.....:old
I really have lived this story my whole life. I am 61 and they always get mad when I climb on the bottom shelf to get things, but there is no other way to reach them. The Clerk only appears once you have started to climb, you are only climbing because you have spent 20 min looking for someone to help you to no avail in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom