Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

Where could it be? Hmm
I've had chicks get out of the brooder before (hence the lid) but I would usually find them walking around peeping for their siblings. I think the keet is either hiding or died while hiding. It wasn't very big thank goodness (2 weeks old) so it shouldn't smell too much if it does/did pass.....:fl

Nope we moved the chicks/keets out of the house yesterday and cleaned out the brooder. No body.

I had something sort of like that happen... but it was a fire-belly newt...

Stripped that house down to the floorboards when I moved out, and never DID find any sign of a body. It was carpeted. The newt couldn't have made it far. But it was GONE.

Here’s a laugh.

I had a swap Saturday that I took multi age birds to. 1 day to 8 weeks. Make it home around 4pm and unload remaining birds. Not even 2 hours later Mom said she HAD to run to cincy and if I’d go along. Fast forward a few more hours. I’m tired and hungry (which makes me kinda loopy) I hear chirping. I yell OMG do you hear that!? We both listen. And I get this crazy idea that after all day a chick got loose in the van. So we search all over and don’t find a chick. Turns out I’m just really paranoid when I don’t eat for over 12hrs lol
Did anyone see y'all digging around looking for the mystery chick?

I've been listening for peeping in my house. I used to have 5 keets in my brooder. Two days ago, there were only 4. I didn't find a body and I had a lid on the brooder.

Of course, I'm high pitched deaf and can't hear most young chicks unless they are right next to my head.
Do you have cats or dogs indoors?

I've had chicks get out of the brooder before (hence the lid) but I would usually find them walking around peeping for their siblings. I think the keet is either hiding or died while hiding. It wasn't very big thank goodness (2 weeks old) so it shouldn't smell too much if it does/did pass.....:fl
:th. Maybe Mr. Milk Drink picked it up?

Back
Top Bottom