Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

I just checked my calibrated humidity gauge that has been sitting in my living room for a few hours.
It is reading 40%.
What is the temperature in the house?

My uncalibrated, cheap Christmas present says 78°F and 63% outside while inside is 70°F & 59%. Nope, not gonna calibrate.

use the weather underground for updates, but I don't know if they calibrate either.

What is the temperature in the house?

My uncalibrated, cheap Christmas present says 78°F and 63% outside while inside is 70°F & 59%. Nope, not gonna calibrate.

use the weather underground for updates, but I don't know if they calibrate either.
Right now it is 71F in the house.

The cracked horse egg quit a few days ago.
The bloody egg was fine up until last night.
I probably should have tried to help it yesterday but :confused:.

I just had to help two of my Dark Cornish babies. They had both zipped really well, but they both were stuck to their shells REALLY badly with this goopy fluid from inside the egg that turns almost concrete like when exposed to air. Very similar to what happened to Chicken Surprise (a chick I hatched in Dec) I think it is another effect of the temperature issues I've been having. Thankfully, they both look WAY move vigorous than Chicken Surprise did, and she was touch and go for a while but survived.

If I'm remembering correctly, dry hatching works best in VERY humid environments like south FL. Drier environments like the SW US aren't as ideal.
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 9.48.29 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom