Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

It's not just one brand there are a lot of "all flock" types that say this.
I know, but most medicated starters have instructions to feed to chicks as their sole feed until 7 or 8 weeks of age. So the manufacturer may be trying to make things seem more straight forward, simple, and consistent by marking medicated starter as "food for poultry less than 7 weeks" and all-flock as "food for poultry over 7 weeks." It is an arbitrary distinction of course and largely unnecessary but that may be their reasoning.

I know, but most medicated starters have instructions to feed to chicks as their sole feed until 7 or 8 weeks of age. So the manufacturer may be trying to make things seem more straight forward, simple, and consistent by marking medicated starter as "food for poultry less than 7 weeks" and all-flock as "food for poultry over 7 weeks." It is an arbitrary distinction of course and largely unnecessary but that may be their reasoning.
:confused:
I've never seen a bag of medicated starter.

I don't think it necessarily means that those types of all flock cannot be safely fed to poultry less than 7 weeks old.

I don't think it necessarily means that those types of all flock cannot be safely fed to poultry less than 7 weeks old.
I believe if they (the maker) thought it was ok to feed to newly hatched ones...they would say so on their bag.

@RUNuts can I quit looking now?
https://www.southernstates.com/catalog/p-12050-southern-states-flock-balancer-20-booster-50-lb.aspx
Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 5.48.05 PM.png

:confused:
I've never seen a bag of medicated starter.

Since MG does NOT sell an unmedicated starter at 20% feed, I am feeding the 18% all flock (grower granules from their website). Will my birds be stunted? Hmm. The bag nor the website gives guidance and that is why I went this way. Wanted unmedicated and this is what my choice is. Unless I switch to purina which has so many choices.

Thanks Kiki! I'll put this under "things that make you go hmmm"

All the chicks that were broody raised were eating purina flock raiser from about 3 days old onward. I'd put out small feeders with chick food near where Mom slept with them and the chicks would eat some of that. But as soon as she could, she'd take them outside and had them eating the big chicken food, bugs, seeds and whatever else she found for them. I tell you this, the lots that broody raised never seemed to get pasty butt and always seemed to thrive.

Back
Top Bottom