Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

Was up at 1:30 AM with my ear to the nests, hens slept and didn't peck me. Would have sworn I heard pipping sounds! But it is still too early, think I am imaging things due to lack of sleep. I get up and stick my head out of the window every time I hear anything at all. :lau:lau :cool:
This was posted Sat. May be I did hear pipping sounds, May be I am not that crazy.:lau:lau:lau:lau:lau :cool:

That's so amazing!
Is she still doing the treatments? Are they still working?
It’s harder now that I don’t live with her and my dad. I was taught how to wrap her leg so we could wrap and rewarp as needed. She has a hard time finding the compression socks she needs too. Companies just don’t make them. The last one she got was ordered from Germany.
We can shrink her leg at any time. Her and I work together to keep it smaller but without the sock it becomes more difficult.

It’s harder now that I don’t live with her and my dad. I was taught how to wrap her leg so we could wrap and rewarp as needed. She has a hard time finding the compression socks she needs too. Companies just don’t make them. The last one she got was ordered from Germany.
We can shrink her leg at any time. Her and I work together to keep it smaller but without the sock it becomes more difficult.
Is it just one leg that she has this problem with?

I had a friend with lymphedema in her legs. She was tall and slender with these perpetually swollen legs. They were a source of great frustration to her.

Today is day 19 for my broody. She's still clamped down on them although she still is changing positions, she hasn't left the nest and a quick peek assured me there were no pips or zips showing. Drat. I hate waiting.

Okay...a few photos....the two darker chicks in the first photo are Cochin. There are two more in the bin. The second photo is Wyandotte. The third photo is the tray beginning hatch tonight. The last photo is two trays of eggs that will hatch at different times in May.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Is it just one leg that she has this problem with?
Originally it was just her left leg. When I was young, 7-8 maybe, she got really sick. Flu like symptoms but the middle of summer. Really high fever the whole 9 yards of ill. That’s when her leg started to swell. She had stepped on something and got an infection in her foot. It burned up the lymphatic system in that leg to about the height of her knee.
Several years ago she got both her knees replaced. After surgery her right leg has some swelling below the knee as well. No where near like her left leg.

Back
Top Bottom