Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

@Michelle Farmer-Brown @perchie.girl

For years lymphedema treatment was to remove the limb! Or what they called "debulking." Basically remove the muscle. Neither is helpful, AT ALL. The best treatment is compression. For years my Mom slept in a boot like they use on you in the hospital. But as soon as you stand up all the fluid goes back where it was.
Finally we found a place that does massage and compression wrapping. Basically the massage stimulates the parts if the lymph system that is working. Then layers of wraps are used. When you start to use the limb the wraps act is a barrier to stop the fluid from being able to push outward. So the muscles push against the wraps and force the fluid to go up to the working system. You have to keep it wrapped or get a compression garment to hold the fluid back.
My Mom lost 25lbs of fluid during treatment. She could walk without dragging her leg. I'll never forget we were out running errands and we got in the car. She just sat there and didn't start it. I looked over and she was crying. When I asked her what was wrong she said she realized she didn't have to use her hands to lift her leg into the car. It was the first time in about 15 years she just got in the car.
That's so amazing!
Is she still doing the treatments? Are they still working?

We were a Design and Build company for Telecommunications... TV to be specific. We updated the Solid Gold soundstage to handle all the TV electronics.
We got a contract for NBC sports to build production Trailers for Sporting events... one enginnerering and one production trailer. We had cut the time from one year to six months.

They sent an engineering team from New york to supervise and observe and make suggestions. The two of them were a hoot. We dressed em up in cowboy outfits and took em country and western dancing....

One of them had won an emmy because he was part of a mountain climbing team that was going up mount everest. He designed a camera housing for protecting the camera.

He lived in Manhattan. He had a fight with his wife tied off a rope and repelled twenty stories down to the road.... where he was promptly arrested...

The build went famously.... I even got to be a camera grip.

deb
Wow. The stories you must have.

Lol on the repelling. That must have been a sight for passers by.

I've worked in production trailers. It's amazing what all can fit in those things!

Being so short, my feet are small also, everyone thinks that is so great, 'cause the kid's shoes cost less. Which works okay if you are shopping for tennis shoes, just try finding high heeled dress shoes in the kid's department!! :he :barnie
I had the opposite problem. My feet stopped growing when I was 10. I had a horrible time finding shoes. Back then stores only carried 1 pair of size 10s, and they were always one of the first pairs of any style to sell. Forget about my size... there was no such thing as an 11 back then.

I had the opposite problem. My feet stopped growing when I was 10. I had a horrible time finding shoes. Back then stores only carried 1 pair of size 10s, and they were always one of the first pairs of any style to sell. Forget about my size... there was no such thing as an 11 back then.
My age and shoe size were the same for 4 years, 9 through 12. I'm glad my feet stopped at 12. Women's shoes are hard enough to find at that size. I'm glad I can sometimes fit in 11's, but it really depends on the brand.

When I went in for Endometrial Cancer the doc said they normally remove the lymph nodes surrounding the area but because my legs were already showing issues he said he would not.... So I am getting Radiation ....

Exercise is also a good defence.... I used to walk miles and miles working with horses. But now I am over 350 lbs and walking is a problem. Sigh. Soon as I am done with radiaiotn I will seek out massage.

deb
Oh man. I hope it helps! You'll probably be surprised by how much of your weight is fluid.

Everything looking promising with the radiation treatments?

There are four hens mixing eggs....the three in one corner and the one by herself.
It is funny watching one steal an egg. She will go to the nest area when a hen gets up to eat, exercise et cetera. She quickly surveys the eggs, makes her selection and pulls it out of the nest and tucks it under her feathers. She then shuffles back to her nest scooting the egg along with her feathered feet.
That would make a great film. Too funny.

Back
Top Bottom