Kiki's Quail Cage Build

Such good ideas.. I want to do one tractor-style and let them enjoy a slow tiki tour of the backyard.

We just got an incubator and I have chicken eggs in at the moment. Will be getting some store-bought quail eggs to experiment with next for fun.

If we're lucky enough to manage some babies, I will build them their own little caravan.

Kiki... the one on top, ith the picture frames. Anything you would change about that design? Thinking I might build something similar with the pallet wood I've been hoarding.

Kiki... the one on top, ith the picture frames. Anything you would change about that design? Thinking I might build something similar with the pallet wood I've been hoarding.
Nothing.
It's my favorite cage so far.

Wait... There is one thing I would change.
I would make 75% of the floor solid.
Like a built in dirt box that I could keep filling with dirt.

I would only leave one quarter of with wire floor to place a waterer with enough room for a couple of quail to stand around the waterer.

The dummies like to fling dirt out of the boxes...

The flinging of the dirt out of the boxes falls through the wire flooring onto the table I have the cage propped up on.
I have more boxes underneath the cage to catch the dirt they drop or spill but I would like to eliminate that in my future cages.

If that doesn't make sense let me know and I will make a video.

See this picture above?

The bottom part of the picture where I drew a piece of wood dividing the floor of the cage...

That larger section to the right of that piece of wood is what I would have as a solid flooring.
In the left side I would have as a wire flooring where I would set the waterer which would be plenty enough room for them to hop over the wood to get to the water and then hop back over to get to dirt.

Back
Top Bottom