Kiki's White Trash and or Nerdy Birthday Bash Funeral

Try making hrutka! Slovak egg cheese -- typically eaten on Easter morning, but I think that you can cheat a little.
I'll hunt the recipe down tomorrow, if you'd like.

Not sure of you'd like hrutka, then... the texture is a bit odd. Takes some getting used to. I used to hate the stuff when I was younger.
I looked up hrutka—I might make this tomorrow since I have all the ingredients. :ya:ya:ya

I would like to carry something around with me to use as a weapon, honestly, but I'm worried about carrying something like a gun or knife -- I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, or anything like that, and something so lethal... it makes me nervous. I don't want to kill anyone, just incapacitate them, but a gun or a knife can do so much damage so easily.
I think that I'll try putting several rolls of quarters in my purse. Bludgeoning can be just as incapacitating as stabbing or shooting, though close quarters are required.
Maybe I can take some self-defense classes sometime, too.
And let's not forget the nasty clip on my fanny pack.
How much does pepper spray cost?
Not that much. More now though, I'll bet (but I haven't checked). If you can find it, get some.

You would definitely NOT like my attic or basement! In my life BC (before children,) I was a doll collector. I started out with antiques, then started making porcelains on my own. I have tons of them put away. At one point, they were all set up in what was then a spare bedroom ... and they were EVERYWHERE! I had friends and in-laws who came to visit regularly, and they wouldn't sleep in there unless I covered and/or put the dolls away, first. My poor "babies" were getting damaged with all the moving around, so I gave up and put paper bags over all their heads whenever anyone anti-dolly stayed over. That worked fine until one "guest" took a marker and drew smiley faces on every last bag. We left them up for a good, long time ... it was priceless!
My moms a doll collector too. It really freaks people out. It doesn’t bother me, but I have a mannequin that stands at the end of my bed, so maybe I’m not the best judge... :idunno

I wish I had pics of the paper bag faces, but the ex has that album, so I'm sure that pic is gone. The rest are in boxes until my kids are grown and out ... no room! I did tell DS that I needed to get to the attic this week, so maybe I'll be able to pull a few down.
The ones I made aren't "from scratch." They started out as soft, chalky greenware, like ceramics. You order/buy the pieces already molded, clean, fire, paint, dress, add eyes & such - all the details. It's a true labor of love.
Once I had kids, I stopped doing the porcelains. The dust and paints have lead in them, and while I was careful, I didn't want to risk my babies, so the hobby became strictly "collect and dress" ... when I could afford it. Hasn't been much of that around here, lately, and I really miss it. I've just started doing miniatures again - dollhouse dolls and clothing and - hopefully - some 1:12 scale animals. That's why DS needs to get to the attic ... to retrieve one of my dollhouse shells so I can start working on it, again. It sure would be cool if that could be my new career, now that Covid has killed my "real" job.
Wish you still had some pictures to share with us doll people! Maybe now that you have the time, you could impress us with some new pics of your works in process? I used to have a lot of collector's dolls, but Elizabeth Taylor/Cleopatra is the only one left. She was always one of my favorites, though :)
20190812_144544.jpg

Back
Top Bottom