killer diatamaceous earth

I use food grade DE and have for years. When we had to care for our daughters horse I gave it to her mixed in her feed. It kept the flies down dramically and she never had worms while she was here for over 1 year. I use it on my dogs and it keeps flies and fleas from bothering them I also sprinkle it outside where they lay. I use it it my garden and paint it on my trees. It has many uses. I read alot about it from an orgainc ranch its called WolfCreek Ranch if you google it he will tell you all about it as he has used it for many many years. He even drinks it himself. Before you turn down a perfectly good natural pest control research it yourself. As with anything else everyone has their own opinion.

DE is in many foods...bisquick, jiffy, just about any baking product...I'm not trying to start an arguement, but.... I worked for several years as a wellness consultant before losing my job (I now work at a hatchery), silica is essential for life function. What am I missing? Did I open a can of worms?
sad.png

Diatomaceous Earth is
fossils out of dried sea beds a lot of it comes from the west coast
you will find it is a very good thing to get the weavils out of feed
it knicks the outer skin of only soft shelled worms or any soft shelled pest
this is actually how it works
the birds or animals are wormed by chemical wormer
to get the wor larvea out of the blood cells of the animal or fowl
that it is then wormed that way

now if you feed 2% De to the daily amount of feed your birds will eat the DE and then the gut of the bird passes the DE thru and it rids the bird or animal of adult worms (lving and eating the feed nutrients from the host)
and in the process the diadems of De knick the soft shell of the worms and they die fro dehydration. and the dead woms are absorbed into the animal or poultry's body as proteins
thus yoiu have a better bird or animal

The chemicals are really what do harm to the body of the host as it destroys gut flora and requires more worming

where as DE will pass on out of the body daily and be ready to go in the next feeding of the fowl or animal

The fact thast I have heard you all object to is the Honey Bees which are in decline A LL OVER AS THE AMOUNT OF PESTS AGAINST HONEY BEES IS BAD

wE HAD A VERY ACTIVE HONEY BEE FARM AS WE KEPT AND CARED FOR 750 COLONIES OF BEES FROM 1955 TO 1983

here is what happens to bees now days if they see DE piled out they take it for pollen
this time of year as they queen is making baby bees and the bees load up on DE and then take it to the hive and it knicks the soft skin of the bees and they die

so that is why people feel DE is bad for bees

Bees need 100,000 bees at all time plus more to run a active honey gathering hive in june thru august
thus the hives of Bee's are in danger when gathering pollen

But bee's do not get on chicken feed or manurea

I liked it because the flies that light on chicken manure or animal manure are also knicked and die

my answer to that was Hydrate Lime gotten from the lumber yard (not cement finishers lime) comes in 50 lb bag and
as well as usinf DE I always tell people to wear a mask when filling their cans with the lime or DE
not to use it in a wind storm

So every one can mak up their own mind

Back
Top Bottom