Killer drake

BlueO

Chirping
Nov 8, 2023
So I had two hens and a drake. But then I hatched another boy he’s almost grown and hasn’t started mating yet. The Drake hates him And is constantly trying to kill him if they’re together. So right now he’s living with the two girl ducks. I have a feeling I’ll either have to get rid of one (sell or make face the freezer). But I was just wondering if anybody would know if I can make him stop this in anyway

thank you😊

So I had two hens and a drake. But then I hatched another boy he’s almost grown and hasn’t started mating yet. The Drake hates him And is constantly trying to kill him if they’re together. So right now he’s living with the two girl ducks. I have a feeling I’ll either have to get rid of one (sell or make face the freezer). But I was just wondering if anybody would know if I can make him stop this in anyway

thank you😊
Sorry your drake is behaving normally protecting his females. You must rehome one drake or get more females to adjust the ratio to one drake to four of more females.

Last edited:
I don’t know I don’t think so 😔
Can you separate the drakes from the hens? That may help but there's no guarantee.
If they're all together out of ratio then the hens are in a lot of danger. And the boys won't stop fighting.
I'd reccomend rehoming one drake, getting more hens, or at least separating the boys from the girls

You have the young male in with the 2 females and the other drake is where? It sounds like you may be able to separate into pairs?

I have a terrible ratio (3 males and 1 female. We’ve had a total of 10 different ducks, the 3 males we currently have are all ones that were hatches here at home from original ducks). We have 2 different duck houses. 1 has a male and OG female and the other has 2 males. Separating can work, but it takes work, and obviously isn’t ideal.

*I would have just made a bachelor pad for all the drakes and moved the duck in with the chickens or have her to friends who have all females except 1 of the males has some issues-neuro? 🤷🏽‍♀️and the drake that’s in with the female attacks him any time they’re together (survival of the fittest I guess)

Can you separate the drakes from the hens? That may help but there's no guarantee.
If they're all together out of ratio then the hens are in a lot of danger. And the boys won't stop fighting.
I'd reccomend rehoming one drake, getting more hens, or at least separating the boys from the girls
The adult male is separated from the hens and the young male is with the hens 😬 he has not started mating yet and still peeps

Back
Top Bottom