Killing Cone

jaku

Songster
12 Years
Jan 13, 2008
Howard City, Michigan
I'm making a cone, and am wondering (for anyone who has one already,) what the width of the opening at the bottom (the end that the head sticks out of,) might be on the manufactured cones. I could experiment, but didn't want to waste my cone if I got it wrong.
Thanks!

I am not sure on a measurement. If it was me I would cut a small hole first and try it out. If you start out small you can always make it bigger. Although if you start out large it is kind of hard to make it smaller:D

We made one from a detergent bottle- my friend was going to bring an empty Clorox bottle, but forgot it- and pretty much just cut the spout and the bottom off. I thought it would be too small, but it wasn't! The FR's were BIG!!
Worked GREAT!!

Nancy

Hi!
I don't have manufactured cones, but I use orange traffic cones and cut off the pointy tips.
The holes are from 3 1/2" to 4 1/2" (I was in a hurry when I cut off the tips and no 2 of the 4 are the same).

I'm curious to know the size of the manufactured cones is as well.
Mine work well except for bantam crosses, those will sometimes slip thru the cone with the largest (4 1/2") opening.
smile.png

Lisa

Try using a gallon milk jug. Cut off the bottom and the top. Start small on the top and you can take off more if needed. Then you can lob it's head while it's in there with it's head out. It also helps contain the mess too as it can't flop so much.

Some measurements I have found:

a medium cone is about 9 inches at the top, and about 3 inches at the bottom , the Height is 9 inches at the front and 16 at the back.

a large cone for small turkeys and large broilers is:
4 inches at the bottom and 15 at the top. Height is 11 inches at the front and 24 at the back.

small cone I didn't get the bottom opening size, but I would quess it's about 2 and 1/2 in diameter. the top is 1 inches in diameter, height is about 11 inches in the front.

Back
Top Bottom