Kind of sort of rant but more hurt than angry.

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
I shouldnt be crying about this, really I shouldnt. People suck. Well, at least a lot of them do.
sad.png

It started off, my neighbors did me a kindness of hauling some brush and an old mattress away.(I had it lined up to be taken away the following week but was grateful for this.) They saw me working in the garden, came over and said they took it because they knew I hadnt been feeling the greatest. They went out of their way to show great concern because they hadnt seen me much since I had been having health problems.
I went over to the city office to ask the clerk a couple of questions....she said they came in there and said they hauled it off because "they couldnt stand looking at it". Gee. Thanks.
hmm.png
I should expect these things, its not the first time it has happened in this town but the sad thing is, I actually trusted these neighbors NOT to be two faced. If that was the actual reason I would have preferred they say it to me instead of behind my back.
Then I had a woman who works for the town going to buy some extra chicks from me. She told me to be over to the city office around 6. I guess that was a loose term because my daughter and I waited there, standing outside until around 6:30. During this time, there is a bar across the street and we got to listen to the ridicule from idiot drunk people. Yay.
I came back to the house with the chicks, its just a little ways down the street, as I was worried about them over-heating.
As I was coming back out of the house(less than two minutes later), I saw her get in her car and drive off.
What???? Was it too much to come over here as I didnt have a number except for the then closed office for her????
Anyway. It just makes me feel like crap.
sad.png
Thanks for listening.

Sadly we live in a very selfish world. It seems we all get that way at times. What fits best in my scheadule. whats more convenient for me. I dont like. Leaves me feeling sick when I think about it. Other people sometimes have no concern for whats been happening in your life. Its all about them.

I completely agree, but don't let the ugliness and crap in the world get you down - your neighbors seemed to have done you a favor and it is likely that the town lady could have skewed or even just made up what they said. Maybe not, who cares? Your mattress and brush are taken care of. Your neighbors could have just complained about it and done nothing. You probably have bigger things to worry about than to obsess about it. If you don't have bigger problems to obsess about, be happy about that!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
that is why I hang out at home and have really gave up people I have found great people on BYC but sometimes it feels like there are more bad people then good.

Thanks, I know I am probably making a mountain out of a mole hill but both things caught me by surprise.
More probably though it affected me because I havent cried in quite a while and needed to, so the two incidents were the last straw on the camels back.

Okay...let me do this first...
hugs.gif

Now...it really could have been both in the instance of the people who hauled away the mattress and brush. They could have done it because it was an eye sore AND they knew your health wasn't the best right now. I mean, they may not have taken that initiative had your health been good, but felt they were helping you and themselves??? So maybe their motives weren't quite as rude as what you think, despite what they said to the city clerk. I just get the feeling they wouldn't have done the same thing for someone who had easy means of disposing of it. There's good and bad in everyone (some just get more than their share of one or the other...lol).
As for the other woman...I think she just brainfarted...surely??? I can't imagine someone being so rude as to set up a meet to exchange animals and then just not show??? Hopefully when/if you run into her next time, she'll be quite apologetic about totally forgetting she'd set that up. If not, then you certainly have your answer as to whether she's an inconsiderate B or not.
Hope you have a better day!

Well, on the second, I am incubating some Indian Runner cross ducklings she was anxious to get her hands on. I am just going to sell them to someone else, not going to set myself up like that again.
Yeah, it could be both reasons. I just would have preferred hearing both straight up, if that makes any sense? They probably didnt realize it would be parroted back to me.
I DO have good things going on as well, I have to remind myself not to focus too much on the bad.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom