kinda confused about my Welsh Harlequins

maxxsmommy

Songster
8 Years
Aug 24, 2011
Minnesota
I have 3 of them, 2 of them have the dark heads and redish brown on their chests, but one of the 2 has a dark bill and the other has a light orange bill with a dark spot on it, after reading online about this it says that the bills of the females are usually light orange with the dark spot in it.. but its quack sounds like it has a cold same with the other color full one. The other one i have does not have a dark head and has very few dark feathers.. but has a dark bill.. and it quacks really really loud.. how can i tell what sex they are?

The male welsh have dark bills when they are young (2 days old to be exact but after that it goes awaaaterly like a few days later) and then they have very light bills the female are the oppistes, light bills when they are young dark when older. You can voice sex them. If it has a very LOUD guack them its a girl males have a very raspy quack. Pics would help to oh and
welcome-byc.gif

I agree with the post above. Also keep in mind, young drake feathering in can grow in eclipse plumage, which often resembles that of the hen, and later on molt and grow in the proper male plumage.

Back
Top Bottom