Kinda new to chickens new to byc

mduerksen

Songster
8 Years
Mar 15, 2015
Hi all. I live in the mountains of North California in a very small town. About 4 years ago we had 2 RI reds ansd an Austrolop. But they were a bit noisy (one in particular) for our neighbor sonwe rehomed them. I just got new chicks and am excited we bought a different house and don't have to worry about the neighbor we talked to him. My only problem now is i bought all our pullets from TSC and they couldn't tell me the breed. I think I have 2 barred rocks (top), 2 buff rocks(middle) ( all 12 days old) but the 3 i picked up this week (so 5 days old) i have no idea! (Bottom)They were in the pullet pin separate from the cornish rocks and the bantams.

I was only going to start with 6 but have 7. They will have a coop of 32 sq ft and a run of 90 sq ft plus will get to range in the yard (all when they are old enough of course)

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

It looks like you have some Barred Rocks, Red Sex-Links or Buff Plymouth Rocks, and White Plymouth Rocks.

Ha
[COLOR=333333]Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.[/COLOR]

Sorry about the roosters you had to re-home.

Cute chicks!

Ha they weren't roosters! It was one RI Red hen. She HATED her run. If she couldn't be in the yard she would scream. The coop was 4x5 and the run was 6x4 with roots and plants. She just hated it and wold complain LOUDLY. Oh but she neverminded napping in the much smaller dog house in the aftErnoons

Please don't mind my typos. I hate my phone sometimes. I try to type fast and it doesn't always work well

Back
Top Bottom