Kinda Urgent Hatching issue

What I'm wondering is how did you gets work out the timing on this?

Most people are doing lots of things on the day right? So if that's the case, it seems like its chancy that they could make it in time to even notice these issues.

And this part worries me. How did you start to notice there were problems? Someone only going out once or twice a day might not even know till its too late and a fatal mistake on the chicks right?

So I wonder how you guys work out managing to even spot this stuff on the timing.

There's so many things to ask on this part, that I'm not even sure where to start.
Well, I'm not sure about others but when I have birds hatching the only spot you'll find me is next to the incubator. I like to be hands on. Not too much, but I spot a problem right away usually. I also set my eggs so they hatch over the weekend. That way I'm always there for hatching.

So I’ve had a bit of a late hatch due to incubator issues. 2 chicks are still fully in the shell and I candled them and they have pipped internally but not externally. It looks as though they have attempted to zip without actually zipping. They are chirping in the shell. This is day 23. I can’t decide wether to help or not...
suggestions??
I totally agree with all of the great info you've been given. I just have one question, if they have not pipped externally how could they appear to be zipping? That usually comes 12 hours or so after external pip. Sorry if I'm missing something.

Most people are doing lots of things on the day right? So if that's the case, it seems like its chancy that they could make it in time to even notice these issues.

And this part worries me. How did you start to notice there were problems? Someone only going out once or twice a day might not even know till its too late and a fatal mistake on the chicks right?

So I wonder how you guys work out managing to even spot this stuff on the timing.

There's so many things to ask on this part, that I'm not even sure where to start.
I enjoy hatch day so I tend to be around to watch. If the hatch takes longer than 24 hours then I really start to monitor for problems.

I usually checked on my incubator in the afternoon hours. I just happened to go out there at 11pm one night and saw the temp at 95. I cleared my electronic temp and humidity read out that also shows max and minimum temp/humidity and it was dipping too low at night.

I totally agree with all of the great info you've been given. I just have one question, if they have not pipped externally how could they appear to be zipping? That usually comes 12 hours or so after external pip. Sorry if I'm missing something.
They look like they are taking up most of the egg inside including the air cell part. Normally my chicks pip and zip nice and neatly.

Oh really? I'm thinking they're getting close then. I would go ahead with a safety hole just in case, and then give them some time.

Oh really? I'm thinking they're getting close then. I would go ahead with a safety hole just in case, and then give them some time.
I’m worried about shrink wrapped chicks. It’s been a plague for me. I’ll check them tomorrow and if no pips I’ll open the incubators and see how things are progressing. I’ll go from there I guess.

I usually checked on my incubator in the afternoon hours. I just happened to go out there at 11pm one night and saw the temp at 95. I cleared my electronic temp and humidity read out that also shows max and minimum temp/humidity and it was dipping too low at night.
Can you recover from 1 night and still get a good hatch rate if that's the case? Or does a bad night mean you lose it all? (And does it matter if its too low or too high?)

Back
Top Bottom