King quail bleeding

bridget123

Songster
7 Years
Apr 23, 2016
My poor 4 year old king quail abraham lincoln is bleeding from his back :( he is only in the cage with his 1 girlfriend he has had for 3 years

I cant have a proper look because he is so slippery i have put a towel over his cage for now while i figure out what to do!

I did hear him and his girlfriend having a vocal domestic this morning but they often do that so i thought nothing of it..

I had a look at her and she has no blood on her beak or anything so i dont know if she has done this to him or not.. i am so confused!

received_727072921322118.jpeg

My poor 4 year old king quail abraham lincoln is bleeding from his back :( he is only in the cage with his 1 girlfriend he has had for 3 years

I cant have a proper look because he is so slippery i have put a towel over his cage for now while i figure out what to do!

I did hear him and his girlfriend having a vocal domestic this morning but they often do that so i thought nothing of it..

I had a look at her and she has no blood on her beak or anything so i dont know if she has done this to him or not.. i am so confused!

View attachment 2645425
Separate immediately! Untill hes healed or you can figure out what happened, thats so weird ! , is she laying or sitting on eggs or have babies ???

How big is there cage ?? If they have been fine for four years something has had to have triggered this

16199341276108494901920236464078.jpg

Decent sized its halved 2 males live nextdoor to them but they have lived nextdoor for the same amount of time as the female that has been with him 3 years

Also i have no antibiotic all i have is betadene right now :/

View attachment 2645442
Decent sized its halved 2 males live nextdoor to them but they have lived nextdoor for the same amount of time as the female that has been with him 3 years

Maybe the males have been sneaking in pecks and got a hold of him ? Wish i could help more but i cant think im going to bed been up since 4am and its 1050pm

View attachment 2645442

Honestly i have one pair in a cage thats the size of both of both of those, unless im seeing wrong, can you measure the length and widths of each cage if u get time or know them maybe height too though not as important, i made one of my cages out of pvc and non slip mats and zip ties and some screws, pvc and screws home depot like 18$ worth of pvc with left over to build doors and such, and zip ties and non slip mats for walls and such from dollar tree, just a idea

Plus height looks fine from what i can see lol

Back
Top Bottom