Kingston town needs help

Hi my name is Stella & I live my chickens & rooster. I have 2 seperate enclosures due to having two roosters at the time. However sadly I’ve if our roosters recently passed. I’m trying to determine if it’s a good idea to bring out the rooster with his 4 lady hens to mingle with the older ladies who were separate to them , since their rooster passed. All the chickens greet each other over the fenced enclosure especially the rooster who he is very keen to mingle with the older ladies. His name is Kingston the rooster & has 4 hens younger than the other lady hens.. Kingston does this adorable happy feet dance every time the older hens walk by him.
I want to know if it’s safe to open both enclosures to see how they mingle. I’m anxious about mixing the ladies as I’m aware if the pecking order. Please give me your yhighfs & support on this idea? It would be most appreciated any feedback.
So I dye it lol but only for a couple of hours to test the waters, so to speak..they all did well a couple of the dud have a little i
hissy between one of the older hens & the younger ones, Kingston the rooster came and sorted them out quite quickly was great to see.. however Kingston did peck at one of the older ones when eating. I guess that’s normal too..

Welcome to BYC Maria! I think they will work out the pecking order just fine. However it can be nerveracking for you to watch. BTW I love the name Kingston. I had a grandfather with that name and If I ever get a rooster he will also be a Kingston :love
Thank you love Kingston as well. And thank you for your advice & support.. yes I had 4 roosters at one point .King, who was my soft spot I loved him dearly.he was such a lovely , gentle, rooster never attacked me. he was like a hen in his nature.. miss him dearly..😪. As well as Kookie & Kiki..the two younger roosters who have since been rehoused as they the almost killed off King at one point..😪

Hi my name is Stella & I live my chickens & rooster. I have 2 seperate enclosures due to having two roosters at the time. However sadly I’ve if our roosters recently passed. I’m trying to determine if it’s a good idea to bring out the rooster with his 4 lady hens to mingle with the older ladies who were separate to them , since their rooster passed. All the chickens greet each other over the fenced enclosure especially the rooster who he is very keen to mingle with the older ladies. His name is Kingston the rooster & has 4 hens younger than the other lady hens.. Kingston does this adorable happy feet dance every time the older hens walk by him.
I want to know if it’s safe to open both enclosures to see how they mingle. I’m anxious about mixing the ladies as I’m aware if the pecking order. Please give me your yhighfs & support on this idea? It would be most appreciated any feedback.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom