Kitchen scraps

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by RBOutdoors, Feb 21, 2014.

1. RBOutdoors

RBOutdoors Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Looking to see what others do with their scraps while they are waiting to go out to the birds. Currently just a plain old Tupperware in the fridge.

2. Spangled

Spangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2012
    Serenity Valley
    Wish there was a better idea. Yeah, if the scraps don't make it out Day 1, I put them in the fridge. Otherwise they sit on the counter till I go collect eggs in the afternoon, but sometimes I forget to take it out. But I just use old yogurt containers or veggie/fruit trays without holes. It seems like when I use any of my regular dishes, that I end up forgetting them out there and then have to go back out after dark because I need that saucepan or whatever to cook dinner. [​IMG] Sometimes I toss the scraps in my Cuisenart container if the scraps will need a quick twirl/chop before going out, but I leave it attached to the machine or it gets tricky getting the container back on with the knife blade, etc.

3. Irishhenman

Irishhenman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2013
    Ireland
    We have a green bucket with a lid on our kitchen counter and we just put any scraps in it and it is given to the hens in the mornings.

4. We use an old canning jar.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by