Kitty in BIG trouble!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Pumpkinpup, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    My son, being the avid animal lover like his Mom, adopted a stray kitty several months back. Romeo, as we initially dubbed him, was a funny and loving baby for the first few days he was here. After that we came to understand that he was "Special". By this I mean he has split personalities.
    You never know when he will snap and turn on you or when he will switch gears and go on a destructive spree! [​IMG]
    This time he went too far! He chewed up my DH's Harley Davidson seat and backrest that he brings inside to prevent it from being exposed to the elements. I bought a leather/vinyl repair kit but it is a joke! I am in deep doo doo, so to speak. NOW WHAT?
    This seat and backrest are about $700 to replace!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Quote:Oh wow.... I feel for you!! I bet you wanted to just [​IMG] that kitty!!

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Oh my! I would suggest you, your son and the cat jump in the car and haul it toward the state line...then call your DH and tell him what happened and wait til it's safe to come home!
    Having never had a cat, I had no idea they would destroy something like that!

4. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    A local upholstery shop may be able to recover it for a lot less than replacing it.

If it was my bike I'd insist on using fresh cat hide. [​IMG]

5. foxinachickenhouse

foxinachickenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    Be rid of the cat. For the seat; electrical tape or gorilla tape in combo with the vinyl repair kit should do the trick. Definitely kitty heaven though. Some cats you just can't reach.

6. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:LOL, I am afraid that is what will happen when DH gets back off the road! [​IMG]

7. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I say get it recovered. What's his favorite color? Get it customized for him. Then tell him what happened. That should at the very minimum keep him from killing that stupid cat. NO WAY that cat would still be living within arms reach though. IF he had 9 lives he's probably down to 1/2 a life on this one. Good luck!

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:[​IMG]: [​IMG]

9. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    [​IMG] That sucks! Call an upholstery place and have them give you q quote.

10. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Quote:I feel your pain. I had a Bad Kitty myself who, after three years of wrangling with him, we took back to the animal shelter whence he came. I just couldn't take his destructiveness anymore. I guess I should have had a clue at the time I adopted him because someone had already brought him back, but I figured it was just the kitten in him and he'd grow out of it. Nope. I don't regret my decision even though a few folks I know tried to give me the guilt trip over it...of course, they didn't want to take him either!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by