knocked unconscious?

lsv313

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 23, 2010
Everett, WA
Tonight I was holding my 2-3 week old speckled sussex chick when she jumped out of my hands. I tried my best to catch her, but she fell onto the floor. At first, she started flailing as if she had broken something, and then her movements slowed way down and she became completely limp. I was in a panic because I thought she was dying! It was a scary few moments! After a minute I could see she was still alive, but seemed like she was on her last breaths. I gave her some water and held her a little longer, and then she began to perk right up. Within 5 minutes she seemed completely back to normal. Was she just knocked out? Should I be concerned about her now? Will this affect her development at all?

Yea, Sounds like she got knocked out for a little bit. As long as she eats and drinks and everything else seems normal, she should be fine.
ya.gif

This morning when I went to check on her she was doing fine - seemed completely normal. But tonight when I came home from work, she was dead
sad.png

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. It's been a sad evening, but it was definitely encouraging to come back on here and see all of the supportive comments. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom