Kraienkoeppe Thread!

I can't post pictures off of my phone, its old and terrible. However I can upload some to facebook and then transfer them over. They'll be terrible quality but a picture is a picture! I'll get some tomorrow.

Greenfire Farms sent me this email for their pre-July holiday sale (Twentse Kraienkoeppe)

BREED STANDARD PRICE PRESALE PRICE SAVINGS
White Pavlovskaya
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Barbezieux
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Lavender Wyandotte
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Orust
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Twentse
$59 ea $19 ea $40 ea
Niederrheiner
$59 ea $19 ea $40 ea
Black Copper Marans
$59 ea $19 ea $40 ea
Bielefelder Pullet
$29 ea $19 ea $10 ea
Cream Legbar Pullet
$29 ea $19 ea $10 ea
Swedish Flower Hens
$29 ea $19 ea $10 ea
Sulmtaler
$29 ea $19 ea $10 ea

Greenfire Farms sent me this email for their pre-July holiday sale (Twentse Kraienkoeppe)

BREED STANDARD PRICE PRESALE PRICE SAVINGS
White Pavlovskaya
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Barbezieux
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Lavender Wyandotte
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Orust
$99 ea $29 ea $70 ea
Twentse
$59 ea $19 ea $40 ea
Niederrheiner
$59 ea $19 ea $40 ea
Black Copper Marans
$59 ea $19 ea $40 ea
Bielefelder Pullet
$29 ea $19 ea $10 ea
Cream Legbar Pullet
$29 ea $19 ea $10 ea
Swedish Flower Hens
$29 ea $19 ea $10 ea
Sulmtaler
$29 ea $19 ea $10 ea
FYI - Besides the pre-July sales notice above, I just got informed that GFF has East Frisian Gulls they're expanding into their own Silvers, imported a new line of Ayam Cemani and have 4 different bloodlines, and improved their order-taking technology program.

My hens are starting to use the nesting boxes. The roosters are chittering away. I have three extra roosters now. I've picked what I believe is the best. He's good with his ladies, too.

I've got two that are smaller than the others. Late bloomers. I'm going to hold onto those two if their combs end up where I want them. Right now I've got one hen that's way to dark, not sure how I feel about her. I may sell her out with one of the roosters as a pair.

How's everyone else's birds growing out?

My hens are starting to use the nesting boxes. The roosters are chittering away. I have three extra roosters now. I've picked what I believe is the best. He's good with his ladies, too.

I've got two that are smaller than the others. Late bloomers. I'm going to hold onto those two if their combs end up where I want them. Right now I've got one hen that's way to dark, not sure how I feel about her. I may sell her out with one of the roosters as a pair.

How's everyone else's birds growing out?

The birds I have seen I'm pretty happy with considering the stock I originally began with. I recently moved to Colorado Springs, so currently I'm not around my birds; but I paired them up the way I wanted them bred and my father's currently caring for them until I find a place to put them and on occasion sends me photographs which from the ones I've seen I rather like how they are growing out type and size wise- but those were only a small sample, some are still too young to tell and they may turn out to be even better.

Last years stock I really loved size wise, a lot of my hens were nearly the size I am aiming for. Slowly but surely, I'm narrowing it down.. Their color in my opinion is still crap, most of them are too dark, but I will fine tune that later (I actually am already working on it but it isn't my top priority) once I get the correct size, type, and temperaments.

One thing I still love about these Kraienkoeppe is the egg laying capability. I have some of the hens still from my original hatchery purchase (in 2012) that my dad is using as egg layers. Even without artificial lighting he's getting an egg a day from them. My little pullets all seem to start laying around 5 months too, which I prefer over 7 months like most of the other breeds I've kept.

Last edited:
got a friend on the book of face that wants to know more about the kraienkoeppe breed as he has some 8mo pullets and some cockrels... anyone want to help him out? he got his stock from sandhill and thinks he may have bantams because they are smaller than most LF... pm with contact info whether it be fb name or email if you would like to help out a fellow kk breeder...
thanks in advance!

got a friend on the book of face that wants to know more about the kraienkoeppe breed as he has some 8mo pullets and some cockrels... anyone want to help him out? he got his stock from sandhill and thinks he may have bantams because they are smaller than most LF... pm with contact info whether it be fb name or email if you would like to help out a fellow kk breeder...
thanks in advance!
He's welcome to contact me (anyone with KK are.) FB is: https://www.facebook.com/daniel.thornton.18

Email is: [email protected]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom