LA quail friends, wanna trade hardware cloth sizes?

JimmyJames

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2023
Hey all,

This is a really lovely forum and I'm happy to be a part of it. Reading through everyones questions and answers is very useful and I thank you all!

I want to replace my 1/4" coated hardware cloth that I have on the flooring of my outdoor quail hutch with 1/2".
My fear of predators was too much I think and none of the poop is falling through and it's attracting a TON of flies.

I don't need 50' of hardware cloth, just about 4' long by 3' wide 1/2" coated.
Does anyone have a recommendation of where I can get this and not spend $80 on too much hardware cloth for the job?
If anyone lives in the Los Angeles area, I'd be happy to trade some of my 1/4", 3' coated hardware cloth for some 1/2'!

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
I live on the East Coast but I know Lowe’s and Home Depot both sell 10 feet rolls of 1/2 inch hardware fabric (3 feet high) for about $20.00 :).

I live on the East Coast but I know Lowe’s and Home Depot both sell 10 feet rolls of 1/2 inch hardware fabric (3 feet high) for about $20.00 :).
Thanks for the reply. I had looked at Home Depot etc, but unfortunately couldn’t find the coated wire I was looking for 😞.

Back
Top Bottom