Laced Wyandotte Color Variants

Rampicruz

Chirping
Nov 23, 2020
Hi everyone!
I've got 3 laced wyandottes...at least that's what they sold them to me as. I'm curious about the coloring of my darker "golden". She is small compared to the other two and also has a single comb. Is it possible she is not a pure wyandotte? My golden is full of gold...especially in her tail. But the other has little tiny thin gold stripes and more black. Thoughts?? They are all 3 months old.
20210219_092751.jpg

20210219_093027.jpg

Looks like you've got two golden laced wyandottes and one silver laced wyandotte (in the bottom image its Gold-Silver-Gold) Unless it's show quality birds, the patterns in hatchery/feedstore wyandottes isn't exactly always uniform, it can vary the shades of gold (from a pale yellow to a near red-brown) and varying amounts of black! The single comb is also just a hatchery wyandotte thing, I don't think she's a mix : )

I think there was someone who said single combed birds are kept in breeding stock sometimes cause there was issues breeding rose comb x rose comb? but I could be remembering an entirely different conversation so take this last part with an iceberg sized grain of salt!

It can't be a pure Wyandotte if it has a single comb, but there is nothing wrong with the pattern
They sometimes pop up from hatcheries, I don't believe it's directly due to mix breeding, I think it's due to poor breeding : D But I could be wrong, but she certainly doesn't look like any F2 mix, probably something in a much more distant relative if she is

Back
Top Bottom