Ladies Hillbilly Condo Coop

PoppasGrill

Songster
Sep 22, 2023
North Central Florida
Here’s a few pictures of how our ladies started out life on the farm. It started with a couple chicks in a store bought coop. Then…

IMG_5159.jpeg

This was for the second clutch, we knocked out a fee of the center boards for a nesting area and put it on blocks in a feeble attempt to keep ants out.
Then Grammy decided they were too big for this and started hammering…
IMG_5262.jpeg

This housed 25 of our ladies , with the installation of roosting bars, but the flock continued to grow….
IMG_5458.jpeg

We added one of these to each side of the big coop , and attached the runs, though they are separated as the older hens were picking on the young girls.
A pic from a few months ago with the ladies roosting
IMG_5755.jpeg

Here’s a shot of what it looks like now, before I start the 5th add on.
IMG_5875.jpeg

The shade cloth run is for the Ayam Cemani , as we are keeping them separated from the rest of the flock. They aren’t an egg producing breed , but a special in their own way.

Here’s a few pictures of how our ladies started out life on the farm. It started with a couple chicks in a store bought coop. Then…

View attachment 3645865
This was for the second clutch, we knocked out a fee of the center boards for a nesting area and put it on blocks in a feeble attempt to keep ants out.
Then Grammy decided they were too big for this and started hammering…
View attachment 3645871
This housed 25 of our ladies , with the installation of roosting bars, but the flock continued to grow….
View attachment 3645875
We added one of these to each side of the big coop , and attached the runs, though they are separated as the older hens were picking on the young girls.
A pic from a few months ago with the ladies roosting
View attachment 3645889
Here’s a shot of what it looks like now, before I start the 5th add on.
View attachment 3645885
The shade cloth run is for the Ayam Cemani , as we are keeping them separated from the rest of the flock. They aren’t an egg producing breed , but a special in their own way.
Thank you. I was excited when I saw your reply that you were going to post your Hillbilly Coop as it intrigued me. 🥰

It's awesome how you went from what you did to this. Nice job! You should consider putting this in the coop article section. There's a contest going on until the end of the year.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/official-byc-coop-page-contest-14.1591432/

Back
Top Bottom