Lakenvelders

WOW those are just a work of art Henke69.
I have a feeling your the coauthor with David.? If you put those new color combinations together it a nice finished color. The Dun will wipe out on the homozygous wont it.? I am working on getting some if I can. I thought I had read that the silvers lay a larger egg and are slightly larger than the goldens. To me the pictures that I am seeing here in the US on goldens they do not look quite as dark as the Vorwerks that I say in Leipzig . Of course differant breeds but possible genetic modifier differance. I was in love the moment I saw those Vorwerks. Putting a Bl gene would make an interesting splash out of the gold pattern, as they would possibley be white gold instead of the black or blue in the gold in the splash expression. Black converted to blue and blue converted to white, and blue leaves red and gold to a lighter red or gold and just mainly replaces the black pigment area's.
That color combination is quite like Lavender. Was it hard to get the pattern back and stablized? Really beatiful birds.

I edited the dutch/original version of the book. David the english version. Author is Sigrid van Dort.

witvorwerkkoppel.jpg

witvorwerkhenvolwassen.jpg

Vorwerks are a bigger, heavier breed. There are no golden lakenvelders in Europe.

The new color combination that you see is produced for the first time this year.
You can cross such a cockerel with a black lakenvelder to get equal amounts of this platinum, blue, chocolate and black.

Oh, ok thanks for clarifying that I didnt pay attention on the book. I thought you and David were co authors. I didnt pay attention that he is the editor for the english version and the author is Sigrid. I have emailed him to ask him for help sometimes.

So the red whites are homozygous blue in the Lakenvelder pattern. Or the combined effect of all the three colors ? Kaki would not act the same as that , I dont think ? Not by itself. Not sure what Kaki dose to the red pigments. But you have added a red to the body color to produce that. So if gold Lakenvelders dont exhist this would be a non standard color.

If I understand it the platinum in this combination is a color produced by combining two colors together, which was dun and blue in one bird. I have pictures of another breed that was shown at Leipzig they call one color variety platinum, but I think it is a combined effect when champagne blonde expresses with the colors of that breed. But I only speculate to what might cause the color as other diluters are in the breed in its other varieties, such as creme (ig/ig) and dilute (Di). It is a strange light brass or gold color in the female, but there is a smooth finish overlay to the color. I havent been able to get a good overall veiw of the female as she expresses the color more, the male becomes too washed out to see it. As the male resembles a off white black tail. But there is no S in the breed just Columbian .

While I dont think it matters but are these bantam size you are working with or standard Lakenvelder ?

These last ones are het dominant white patterned, not splash but the effect should be the same.

I am working with bantams and bantams/large fowl crosslings to make big ones next year; main goal is the chocolate variety.
Platinum was a side product because I couldn't get the good black hen to produce fertilized eggs.

It is often said that dun/khaki affects red or the other way around. I doubt that.

69289_lucky.jpg

This is my girl "Lucky"

I did have 3 others but she was the sole survivor of a mink attack that killed all 10 of her coop mates...hence the name Lucky.

Back
Top Bottom