Lame foot

Jenniek1210

In the Brooder
Dec 11, 2023
My 8 mo duck will not walk on her foot as if yesterday. I separated her and am giving her vitamin b and electrolytes and greens/fruits in case it’s an issue with that deficiency again like when she was young but has anyone experienced this ? I have to carry her back to the coop and my ducks do not usually let me touch them 😔 I am so mad at myself for removing vitamins from her diet but I thought she would get them from nature now that they were older and free range ..

Welcome to BYC. What kind of feed is she on? B3 or niacin can be deficienct in ducks especially. Human B complex tablets 1/2 tablet daily giving in food will supply that and other B’s. What does the bottom of her foot look like? Are there any cuts of scabs? Can you post a picture of anything unusual and of her standing?

Hello!

I give her the duck feed from tractor supply. I forget the name and threw the bag out! I started her on durvet high level vitamin b complex , I don’t inject it however just put it in her water . No cuts , no scabs, I had her in the bath and she itched her head with that foot/leg so now I’m really confused. She paddled it a little in the tub but mostly avoids using that foot .

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpeg
    IMG_1836.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 7
Took her to the vet today .

Infection and a sprain, painkillers and antibiotics along with anti inflammatory meds. Told me I need to separate her from my drake 😔

Back
Top Bottom