laminate flooring?

Any kind of flooring that has crevices in it where the pieces join is not going to be ideal (moisture and gunk will collect in those crevices).

I simply painted my coop's plywood floor with a couple of coats of Kilz paint and was done with it.

The laminate I've dealt with (admittedly, older versions, I don't know for sure if it's still made the same) has a MDF-type base that does not have any sense of humor at all about getting wet. In a chicken coop, you can pretty much figure that at some point dampness WILL seep in thru the cracks. At which point your floor will swell, buckle, and begin to disintegrate.

I'd recommend skipping it. For one thing it has ZERO advantages over just properly primed and painted plywood, which is a perfectly fine flooring, no need to put anything ON it
smile.png

Good luck, have fun,

Pat

I'd also say it'd be better to stay away from anything with cracks in it. It will just make it harder to clean. If you're wanting something smooth like laminate to make it easier to clean, I'd suggest using linoleum.

Awww Man!
he.gif

I brought back a STACK of old laminate flooring that was removed from a reno project I was helping with.
Now I'm wondering what else I can do with it...

Back
Top Bottom