Land line phone question

oldrooster

One Crazy Nut
11 Years
Feb 19, 2012
monroe county indiana
My Coop
My Coop
My question is simply this. If two males who are living in the same house with the same last name and are family members (in this instance it is an adult male son over age 21 with bio. parents) and one has a wife all three uses the same land line as their primary phone # for work, doctor, etc etc etc.... If the husband dies (and the phone is in the dead man's name) is the wife required to tell everyone who asks for Mr. "Smith" to say he's deceased and immediately hang up without another word, or ask which Mr. "Smith" they want, or why they are calling before saying that her husband is dead, or handing the phone over to the other Mr "Smith"

We had that situation. We solved it by cancelling the land line and everyone has their own cell phone now. ..
Not really an option doe to finances and the wife/mother is so technology illiterate that she can't figure out a remote with 2 up/down buttons for sound/station and not to touch the rest of them. land line phone is a simple desk type model you know touch tone set up almost like a rotary. tried another model she accidentally touched a button that auto dialed (programmed from factory can't be changed) 911 and didn't realize why police showed up, had to throw out that phone.

It is really cheap ($0.85/month most of Canada and US) to get yourself multiple land line numbers (we have 3). Under a cent per minute air time. No airtime charge in between numbers. $4.25 flat for number with unlimited calls. You supposedly (not tested) will get $10 credit into your account when using this invite: https://voip.ms/en/invite/MTA3Nzc3

the only con is if you need to call internet provider to find out why your internet is down, you can't do it from one of those phones

It is really cheap ($0.85/month most of Canada and US) to get yourself multiple land line numbers (we have 3). Under a cent per minute air time. No airtime charge in between numbers. $4.25 flat for number with unlimited calls. You supposedly (not tested) will get $10 credit into your account when using this invite: https://voip.ms/en/invite/MTA3Nzc3
that's not a true land line, that's a voip (computer phone) set up, I tried that type (not that brand) years ago had to have a working computer and have it on and running not in "sleep" mode or tuned off to use the phone, so if you have a desk top you cant even call the electric company to tell them the lights are out. so that's almost worthless esp. with a technology illiterate person who can't use a remote correctly.

that's not a true land line, that's a voip (computer phone) set up, I tried that type (not that brand) years ago had to have a working computer and have it on and running not in "sleep" mode or tuned off to use the phone, so if you have a desk top you cant even call the electric company to tell them the lights are out. so that's almost worthless esp. with a technology illiterate person who can't use a remote correctly.

I have it set up using Linksys PAP2T box which provide 2 physical phone lines to connect your phones. Once set up (which yes a bit tedious), you can use them as normal phones (other than some limitation in case of internet or power outage). Unless you have unlimited minutes on your cellphone, it saves quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom