Langshan Thread!!!

He is adorable!  Please keep posting pics as he matures!  My plan for this week in my Langshan world is to put my best black pullets with my big blue boy.  I love my Pita Pinta chicks but I'm so ready to hatch some Langshan!

he's a fun little guy. He crowed today for the first time and that means our time is limited.

I was given this chick about three weeks ago. The people who gave it to me found it wandering in their parking lot. They sell chicks, but this one was not one if them.
I call it Chicky, and think its probably a roo.
I thing it might be a langshan. What do you think?

Last edited:
I was given this chick about three weeks ago. The people who gave it to me found it wandering in their parking lot. They sell chicks, but this one was not one if them.
I call it Chicky, and think its probably a roo.
I thing it might be a langshan. What do you think?
Hello and welcome to the thread! I don't believe this bird is a Langshan. Langshans have white skin (dominant trait) and your little guy (yes a cockerel) has yellow. You can see this by the skin color around the eye as well as looking at the bottom of his feet. I believe this may be a Cochin or Cochin mix.

Thank you. We will watch him grow. I knew he want a black Langshan, as he didn't have black skin. He is such a doll.

Back
Top Bottom