Lap chickens now scared of me?

ToniRae315

Hatching
Oct 13, 2020
I have two Lavender Orpingtons that were lap chickens a week ago and now they act like I am the enemy and won’t let me hold them or a pet them is this chicken puberty? They would literally jump into my lap every time I sat down now the run from me except for treats and still skittish then. They’re about 20 weeks old.

Attachments

• 9797E258-623C-4B55-AB57-E1A58099EC85.jpeg
    9797E258-623C-4B55-AB57-E1A58099EC85.jpeg
    594.3 KB · Views: 2
Aww sorry your babies are scared🙁 It sounds weird, but if you have recently switched to fall clothes, it could be what you are wearing. Our chickens are terrified of some, but not all, plaids. I also recently wore a khaki skirt, off white top and a rusty orange cardigan - they smacked the walls of the run trying to get away. I then realized that I looked a lot like a giant hawk...

Maybe give them some time and just hang there. They might be going through a phase. I have the same chickens, about the same age and they're lap babies too.

My cockerel seems to be "upset" by some of my clothes. My orange Tigers shirt, especially. Maybe he likes a different team, but I think it's the bright orange. I'm wondering what will happen when I put on my green winter jacket. Probably find out in a few weeks. :)

I'm still waiting for my three BA pullets to become lap chickens. One is getting closer. I'll keep trying. Patience, patience... sigh.

Back
Top Bottom