Large Fowl only crazy egg chain

I think some rule changing would be helpful but like others said some would not. Im for the Rollbacks just to keep things moving like if it hasn't moved for 24 hrs or something and not to ship until next swap is claimed. I think limiting number of swaps per week is fine but I would say 7 just because 1 a day is ok or even 5 but any lower or higher would cause issues.

I can't see you being excluded from a swap just because that day the right person doesn't see your offer either I just personally don't like that rule either. Not everyone is on all the time and makes people few like they and or there birds are not welcome.

I have thought about requireing people to put there breed, date collected and byc name on each egg so there is no confusion on were each egg came from and that it is fresh. Just Idea many may like that idea and swap more because of it.
wink.png

Quote:
Oh my gosh! I can't tell you how helpful it would be if folks would include a little note to say, "Enclosed are your [insert breed name here]. Signed, [insert BYC username here]"

It's the polite thing to do but not a rule suggestion on my part
animated-smileys-thinking-20.gif

Last edited:
I think it is time for a rollback. Have the quail eggs been shipped? I am considering writing new rules for this thread, including limiting swaps accepted per week, and possibly not permitting another swap to be claimed until outstanding swaps are shipped. What do you guys think?
Sound great! On another swap a person owes lots and I mean lots of swaps and I don't believe they have put a ban on the person doing more swaps. It will probably be many months before the swaps are completed if sent at all. Sounds like a great rule. Glad you brought it up. I've been looking for a good swap thread. This one sounds good.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! I can't tell you how helpful it would be if folks would include a little note to say, "Enclosed are your [insert breed name here]. Signed, [insert BYC username here]"

It's the polite thing to do but not a rule suggestion on my part
animated-smileys-thinking-20.gif

I agree... telling people what you are getting and from who would be a great bonus! I went to do this and taped the box shut, had to reopen to put the note in there! LOL

But it can be confusing if you are doing multiple swaps and not sure of what real names are.

I date all my eggs for my own hatching.. so mine will come premarked.

The fact is there a few bad apples that are swapping on all the swap threads and causing issues - their reputation is preceding them and when they claim and then offer the thread will stall because too many know not to accept eggs from them. I have received a few PMs warning me about certain ones. I will not claim from them and if I offer I will say in my offer for them not to claim - one of them harassed me daily for eggs even after she told me the date she wanted them shipped and i planned accordingly.
There needs to be a way to ban them or a strong PM UNinviting them from the threads.

Swapping on here should be fun - as mentioned most of us are running our farms - this is a little diversion for me and a chance to maybe try a new breed here and there. Not everyone can be online all the time. I think limiting the per week swaps is good so everyone has a chance to swap and eggs are being shipped in a timely manner.

Do to the storms that has nearly destroyed everything I have, I won't be around much for awhile. The people I owe things to I have contacted to see if they will take what I can offer now. I am in the process of cleaning up, taking damage control, and I may need surgery on my hand I broke a few weeks back. So I'm going to step away from byc for a little bit.

Happy Swapping everyone!!

This looks like this is the last offer; :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
From Reese Poultry:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Quote: Originally Posted by lionkitty71

Mine on the WH ducks.

Offer 8 guinea eggs

Or

8 EE eggs.

Mine on the guinea eggs.

Offer:

6 muscovy eggs

Or

6+ bantam barred oe eggs

Or

12+ coturnix quail eggs- couple weeks wait

Or

8 hens choice eggs

Current Offer: (updated) I am guessing I already recieved my guinea eggs.
Mine on the guinea eggs.

Offer:

6+ muscovy eggs

Or

6+ bantam barred oe eggs

Or

12+ coturnix quail eggs- couple weeks wait

Or

8 hens choice eggs
2 Large bars of Goats Milk Soap- whatever scents I already have done you can choose from
2 Bottles of 16oz Liquid Laundry Detergent- Plumeria Scented
or
1 Jar of Beeswax Lotion- you choose scent

Back
Top Bottom