Largefowl Blue, Black, Splash Langshans-24+ eggs

They arrived today in record time! Thank you for the extras! They are sitting on the counter resting while my cabinet warms up! I plan on candling them before setting and I'll let you know if the shipping caused any wonky air cells.
smile.png
Here's to a good hatch!!!
fl.gif

I am looking for started birds. When I search for Langshan your site always comes up I love Langshan's. I am interested in standards or bantams. I am looking for excellent quality. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Justin, where are you located? I will have some extra birds later this year. I specialize in the white bantams but work with the other colors a smidge. The largefowl my preference is the blues but the whited are taking a running jump at that. My blacks need to catch back up to the blues. Which colors are you most interested in? My white largefowl won't be available for quite some time as I can't guarantee quality at all on them.

Justin, where are you located? I will have some extra birds later this year. I specialize in the white bantams but work with the other colors a smidge. The largefowl my preference is the blues but the whited are taking a running jump at that. My blacks need to catch back up to the blues. Which colors are you most interested in? My white largefowl won't be available for quite some time as I can't guarantee quality at all on them.

I live in Southwest Texas and would love to know where you show your birds. I don't know of I can take on anymore birds this year. This is my first flock and I have some Langshans, but I'm not really sure how to judge their quality yet and iIm waiting and watching to see how these develop. I figure everyone has to start somewhere and has to learn. I only have 6 Langshans but I love them. I'd love to see more of your birds and can you tell me how I can read about what the Standard is for these birds? I'm thinking that as my flock changes, I want to just have Langshans. I just love the large fowl blues. I'd love to see the bantams too because I'm sure I'd love them as well. It's the feathery feet. I just love them! I love the blue color and I love the blacks with their irredescent feathers. The amazing colors that show up in the black iridescence., the blues, greens and purples that show up. They're just beautiful.

This is my roo, Billy Flynn. This picture doesn't show the iridescence. But it's there, all over him, not just in his tail. Beautiful colors that I can only catch on camera in certain lights.

This pic shows my little black hen. I don't think she's very Langshan looking but I love the iridescence in her feathers. She and Billy Flynn have this in common.
I'd appreciate an honest critique of him and her, if you would be so generous. Please don't worry about hurting my feelings. It would help me learn. Is he a bird you would cull from your flock? He's about 13 weeks old now. What about little Dazzle? Would you cull her? I probably won't, not right away, because I bought them as much to harvest eggs as to show, so I want to get that out of them to re coop my investment, but as I replace these birds, I want to get better quality Langshans. And I'd like to know if any of mine have enough good qualities, that breeding with better quality birds would bring them up?? I'm just trying to figure all this out, because it's all new to me.
I'd love to go to a show you're at to meet you and see your birds, since you seem to know the most and have the best Langshans around. I'm not sure if I can travel that far, but if you could tell me more about where you'd be and when. And when you might have other birds or eggs for sale, I'd be interested for sure. Thanks for any help you might be able to give!!

Grammi,

I try to go to the Shawnee, OK show. That's the furthest south I can go so far, maybe in a year or two (once we finally get rid of that house in PA!) I may be able to travel further down. I'd hoped to go to Ohio this year but pretty sure that trip isn't to be feasible yet.

As for your two, I'd keep them to see how you like the breed. The purple isn't technically supposed to show in the feathers but alot of that can be dealt with on diet. A Langshan should have a rich green sheen, literally look like a zucchini squash. It's gorgeous once they're grown! I'm hoping to get a similar sheen on my blue males...eventually!

Back
Top Bottom