Laryngitis in chicken?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pitterpat4353, Sep 7, 2016.

1. pitterpat4353

pitterpat4353 Just Hatched

May 26, 2016
    Okay, time to hopefully make fun of the new chicken owner. My barred rocks are just 19 weeks old and have just started laying eggs last week. Beautiful and perfect little eggs. I'm so excited. However, at the same time they seem to have developed a "whistle" sound at the end of their chatting. Not just when they lay their eggs, but just when they are talking to each other and me. I thought at first they had something stuck in their crop. But it really seems to be only when they go for the high notes. I have massaged their crops and don't seem to feel anything funny. They are eating and drinking normally. Poop seems fine. They have a varied diet of store bought chicken food, leftover leaves from the garden (broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, carrots), spent grains from a local brewery and barley fodder. Is this normal chicken sounds? I'm going to try to upload a video if possible.
    Thanks.
    Patty

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Very normal....I would not worry...As they mature they make a lot of strange sounds..
    Check out the Chicken chick...She has some great info on chicken talk....

Cheers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by