Lash egg?

Jenessa_096

Crowing
Jul 14, 2021
Molalla, Oregon
One of my two year old hens was acting wierd today, she had the symptoms of egg-bound so I gave her an Epsom salt bath, but upon further research I found that if you can’t feel an egg then she is most likely not egg-bound. So I stuck my finger in her vent and all I feel is some rubbery feeling stuff, I can’t get past it and it feels like it’s pretty big too. Could it be a lash egg since I don’t know what it could possibly be anymore. I just feel bad she is very swollen and is not looking good. 😣

If it is a rubber egg, I would break it somehow, because the "shell" will not be sharp and hurt the hen. Take all I say with a grain of salt, though, because I am not a vetrinarian.

If it is a rubber egg, I would break it somehow, because the "shell" will not be sharp and hurt the hen. Take all I say with a grain of salt, though, because I am not a vetrinarian.
I never dealt with a lash egg, but I wouldnt be too quick to move...if a normal egg is broken inside of an egg bound hen, it can very likely cause water belly.

Back
Top Bottom