1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

last four days

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by natron96, Jul 13, 2011.

1. natron96

natron96 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
    clarkston washington
    so im down to the last four days of incubating my peafowl eggs and have read all i can find and still do not think i know what to do [​IMG] i have never incubated before so not sure how it will turn out any words of wisdom [​IMG]

2. chickensinwasillaAK

chickensinwasillaAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Wasilla Alaska
    put your bater into lockdown, then keep your hands off and don't open it. [​IMG] I know it's hard but you don't want to open during lockdown. Good luck on your hatch

3. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    natron96

so im down to the last four days of incubating my peafowl eggs and have read all i can find and still do not think i know what to do i have never incubated before so not sure how it will turn out any words of wisdom

For chickens and turkeys, up the humidity-70% and decrease the temperature. The advice to not open the hatcher is to keep the moisture level up and prevent shrink wrapping.

You may want to do a search for incubating peafowl and see what that turns up. Also try a search using a www search engine. GL​

4. natron96

natron96 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
    clarkston washington
    thank you i have i peahen laying and the other has been setting for about two weeks for a backup plan [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by